Thread: holster for snub .44?

Default holster for snub .44?

Anybody know who makes holsters for short barrel .44s like the 3" 629 or the Super Redhawk Alaskan? I've been searching online and the closest I've come is an open-bottom belt holster from Don Hume. I'd prefer a bandolier holster, but those are even hard to find for 4 inchers. I suppose I could have a custom leather or kydex one made.

Default Check out David Johnston leather in Chugiak

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Anybody know who makes holsters for short barrel .44s like the 3" 629 or the Super Redhawk Alaskan? I've been searching online and the closest I've come is an open-bottom belt holster from Don Hume. I'd prefer a bandolier holster, but those are even hard to find for 4 inchers. I suppose I could have a custom leather or kydex one made.
    I found him through this forum earlier and highly recommend him. If anyone else ever wants to contact him his website is: www.davidjohnstonleather.com and his phone number in Chugiak is: 688-0366

Here's the link to the thread I found him through with some pics of his work...

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...hlight=grizzly

I bought a leather holster for my 629 5". I bought the 6" holster and had it cut to fit my pistol. cost me 40$ for the labor.

Default I had that same thought when I was looking...

Quote Originally Posted by kenairmk View Post
    I bought a leather holster for my 629 5". I bought the 6" holster and had it cut to fit my pistol. cost me 40$ for the labor.
    After I got my one made for the LAR by David I wanted to purchase a cross draw holster for a couple of other 45's and for my 357 mag. I like the cross draw styles for ease and comfort when running my boat. David's prices pretty much meet or beat the stock prices, and I like supporting a high quality local business like his. (For whatever that's worth) I mean, I thought about buying a stock holster for maybe 40 bucks and then spending time or money modifying it for my desired purpose, but his prices really beat my options. I got the custom fitted exact thing I wanted with no time spent rummaging through aisles full of holsters, and it's high quality, and he only charged me 69 bucks apiece if my memory serves me right!

Does he sell direct? It looks like he only does wholesale. I'd email him, but I can't revisit his website because my university-censored wireless connection now blocks his URL. Gotta love liberal schools; I can just tell they love supporting our Bill of Rights.

Give him a call. He will sell direct. He made a one of a kind custom leather holster for my father in law's Savage Stryker which turned out great!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default David Johnstons email address if you need it...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Does he sell direct? It looks like he only does wholesale. I'd email him, but I can't revisit his website because my university-censored wireless connection now blocks his URL. Gotta love liberal schools; I can just tell they love supporting our Bill of Rights.
    His email is: djjohnston61@hotmail.com

Good luck, ChrisO