Thread: What do you think? Should I bring my 18' CC bay boat to AK?

Default What do you think? Should I bring my 18' CC bay boat to AK?

Ok here is the deal. I have an 18' Hydra Sport Center Console in WA state. I use to live in California and ran it out 25 miles in the Pacific. Knowing the weather in AK is much more unpredictable I am debating whether I should bring it up to use for Halibut fishing.

So here are my thoughts. Where would be the best place to keep it (Seward, Homer etc) (both) in storage costs and best chance of getting out on any given day.

I could keep it in Anchorage but I would need to put it in storage there as I already have a jet boat there. Also, any idea on what storage costs would be and any contacts would be nice.

The only reason I am thinking of doing this is because I am bring up a Ford Expedition from the lower 48 so it will just cost me a bit more in gas.

Thanks for any info folks.

A fella cant have too many boats...

Google Storm Chasers in Seward.

I have my boat at Raibow Fiberglass in Seward. Close to harbor and I think he charges $80/mo. Dave Phillips is his name 907-821-8015

I cannot offer any advice on storage, but I sure as heck would bring it up to Alaska if I were in your shoes.

Thanks folks for the info.