Thread: Bow practice

Default Bow practice

I have a field day for the Alaska Bow class in July, is there any practice ranges in Wasilla to shoot at, I practice at JBER during lunch, but will be deployed till end of MAY so need to ramp up the practice to get back in to form with my new bow, Tried to bring it with me to Afgan but they got all pissy about a Bow, in a country with tanks and stuff. Anyway any info would be great, intersest in any leagues or what not to just shoot and get back into the swing

Two ranges in Wasilla - Bear Paw (up Lucus at Melanie) $10 lets you shoot all day. Screamin' Eagle is just South of the Parks off of KGB. They charge hourly (not sure how much $$). Both have accessories and all the normal shop stuff. My kids and I shoot at Bear Paw but I've heard Screamin' Eagle is decent too, their range is a bit more cramped though.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I have about 80 yrds in my pasture. Would be glad to shoot with you when I'm home. Shoot me a PM with contact info.

I'm over at the JBER outdoor range all the time shooting my bow. I use a rhinehart 18/1 portable and go wherever I won't cause problems by practicing.
    Diamond Marquis

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Sniper View Post
    I'm over at the JBER outdoor range all the time shooting my bow. I use a rhinehart 18/1 portable and go wherever I won't cause problems by practicing.
    I use my Black Hole at home and at the JBER range during lunch, It good range except when poeple use th ebroad heads on the bag targets last time I shot there the targets were pretty much gone, tore all to heck

I think Screamin eagle is 10 dollars per hour
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs

One of the archery clubs will be sponsoring the annual Bear Shoot later in April. It is held on the trails at menard sportsman center. Screaming eagle can tell you more about it. I have friends who shoot it for fun...and practice. They say it is well done course, lots of targets at a variety of distance through the trees etc.
    Sorry I can't give more details.

I believe there are other shoots as well

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    One of the archery clubs will be sponsoring the annual Bear Shoot later in April. It is held on the trails at menard sportsman center. Screaming eagle can tell you more about it. I have friends who shoot it for fun...and practice. They say it is well done course, lots of targets at a variety of distance through the trees etc.
    Sorry I can't give more details.

I believe there are other shoots as well

Dates for the Spring Bear shoot at, Menard Sports Complex, Wasilla,are April 28th,29th

Quote Originally Posted by weseod View Post
    I have a field day for the Alaska Bow class in July, is there any practice ranges in Wasilla to shoot at, I practice at JBER during lunch, but will be deployed till end of MAY so need to ramp up the practice to get back in to form with my new bow, Tried to bring it with me to Afgan but they got all pissy about a Bow, in a country with tanks and stuff. Anyway any info would be great, intersest in any leagues or what not to just shoot and get back into the swing
    I don't know why anyone would get all pissy about you bringing your bow to Afghanistan. I've been shooting mine over here all year and ordered another one from bowtech while I was here.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

I am deployed to afghanistan and ordered a bow here. I shoot almost everyday, and have not had any problems. In fact I have introduced a few people, and they have ordered bows of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by weseod View Post
    I use my Black Hole at home and at the JBER range during lunch, It good range except when poeple use th ebroad heads on the bag targets last time I shot there the targets were pretty much gone, tore all to heck
    I like this idea - just purchase a target block and keep it in your vehicle with your bow. When you can shoot anywhere that's safe, you can also set up an elevated shoot which is in the qualifying course I believe. For the field day, shoot out to 30 yds, standing and kneeling - with confidence. Good luck.
    Last edited by 6XLeech; 04-13-2012 at 04:42. Reason: edit

Also if you have a rangefiner use it and practice both the standing and kneeling shots. I'll probably see you at the July shoot be sure to say hi.