Thread: Ruger Take down .22

Default Ruger Take down .22

Ruger just came out with a pretty nifty take down 10-22
    http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-1022TD.htm

One of the reasons I like Rugers design is the barrel still retains the forearm stock section and the after market is flooded with parts for the 10-22. The Marlin Papoose andr the Charter Arms both lacked any type of stock out front which in my opinion made them difficult to shoot.

Boondocks just received a shipment yesterday. Price is $324.95 which is pretty reasonable seeing they are selling out everywhere. Picked one up myself this morning and will range test it in a week or two. Seems like a nice, lightweight rifle to carry in the truck or to take on those long boat hunts.

Handy as a button on a shirt.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Wow.....I need to get one of these for my boy.

Thanks...!!!

I'm going to buy the first one I find....that could have a permament place on my ATV!

Proabably replace my .410 single shot with it.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Snowwolfe:
    I am so glad you posted! I just read about the take-down yesterday and didn't think they would be available yet. I quick called Mtn View Sports and they had one in stock- held it for me and now it is home safe! Being on their e-mail list saved me an additional 10% from the sale price so it cost $282! Nice pack with room to put an optic and ammo. That is one super slick little rife and should get a design award. I ordered 2 more (one for a bug out bag and one I think I will vaccum seal after sighting and cleaning for the canoe).

Y'all need to check them out!

BEE

Randy thanks for posting that up it sure looks like a great little rifle !

Neat little improvment to a legend!!

It worries me about having the tightening method like the Browning since I have to really tighten the ring on my Browning to get repeatable groups after I take it apart. The ring is not all that easy to tighten either. I think that is a shortcoming of having the scope not attached to the barrel....I think a "scout" mount is the answer with a 2x Leupold on the barrel.

We'll see if the Mayan calender is correct...maybe it's not that important of an issue!!

Here is my answer.....

Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Have you guys seen Henry Repeating Arms AR-7?

Quote Originally Posted by hoythunter View Post
    Have you guys seen Henry Repeating Arms AR-7?
    I have. Owned one when they were made by Charter Arms. Could not shoot it well off hand because it lacked a forearm stock, just like the Marlin Papoose.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Ruger just came out with a pretty nifty take down 10-22
    http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-1022TD.htm

One of the reasons I like Rugers design is the barrel still retains the forearm stock section and the after market is flooded with parts for the 10-22. The Marlin Papoose andr the Charter Arms both lacked any type of stock out front which in my opinion made them difficult to shoot.

Boondocks just received a shipment yesterday. Price is $324.95 which is pretty reasonable seeing they are selling out everywhere. Picked one up myself this morning and will range test it in a week or two. Seems like a nice, lightweight rifle to carry in the truck or to take on those long boat hunts.
    First of all, I'm sure these Ruger Take Down 10-22s will sell like hot cakes.

However, since the 10-22s are pretty compact anyway, I don't see any GREAT advantage.

I might add, that the AR-7s will fit into they're gun stock, and weigh less. They're not pretty, but they are functional, and accurate IME.

I have a BA Take-Down of sorts. It's a Savage mdl 93 in 22 WMR, which may be a better survival cartridge, than 22 LR.

It has a big bolt knob on the forend that allows me to take the action out of the stock just by loosening this bolt.

When the action is out of the stock, they are both the same length, a bit over 23 inches. It's too bad, I don't have a case for them. I dunno if there even was one, but maybe, since the gun is obviously designed for Take-Down.

My gun has good Iron Sights, but I've added a 1" tube,Burris Rimfire Scope.

I like it very well, but I don't use the Take-Down Feature, because I don't have a case to keep them in.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    I have. Owned one when they were made by Charter Arms. Could not shoot it well off hand because it lacked a forearm stock, just like the Marlin Papoose.
    I wonder how the new ones shoot I read an article on them this week. Alot good things said.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

My AR-7 shoots accurate.

I dunno why, though. The sights look like an after thought.

It amazes me every time I shoot it.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.