Thread: HB 356 "No Net Loss" bill

Default HB 356 "No Net Loss" bill

I posted this over on the hunting thread too. HB356 is going to be heard by the State House Resources Committee this Monday, April 2nd. Contact your representative. For those unfamiliar with it, it is the "No Net Loss" bill which will create a baseline acreage of public land open to hunting, fishing and trapping. If the State closes any public land it must open the same amount of acreage to hunting, fishing and trapping.

http://www.legis.state.ak.us/PDF/27/Bills/HB0356A.PDF
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Great legislation if it gets through! I could use a little more explanation of if this is just lands/hunting opportunities closed by F&G closing seasons or from all causes. We need the same thing covering access.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Well we need HB 357 opening up some of the national park lands to hunting.
    And HB 358 retaining public hunting rights on all private parcels over 180 acres. Just dreaming!
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear