Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Cheap Bulk Spare Fuel Tanks Out There?

If the can is labeled with its volume, how can they argue that? Gestapo much? What is considered extra? Fuel in a dedicated poly tank for a kicker? Suppose you have the 55 gal drum with a pickup tube hooked to your outboard? Extra?

If it is a permanatly or semi permanant mounted tank. 55 gallon drum wouldn't do cause it is not a fuel tank, it does have to meet DOT specs. Did they have the same rules when everyone went by train?
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
    If it is a permanatly or semi permanant mounted tank. 55 gallon drum wouldn't do cause it is not a fuel tank, it does have to meet DOT specs. Did they have the same rules when everyone went by train?
    That is how I read it. I don't recall ever being asked about how much fuel I was carrying when we used to take the train over.

I don't believe that they can search your boat. Just do not give them a reason. I use the tunnel about every weekend of the season and sometimes several times a week if I am working on the boat. Most of the attendants are easy to work with from my experience, but a couple of the guys suffer from "LMS". They were "that kid" that never got to be captain and pick teams in PE class. They are finally in a position of power and they choose to exploit it. Ask to speak to the "puppeteer" in the main building if you have any problems, especially if you are towing over width loads. I finally had the supervisor write the measured width and sign it, on my last oversize permit. He said that all I had to do was show it to the person in the booth and they would transfer it to the current permit.

I should add that I have yet to have any issues with any of the female attendants. They seem to just do their job.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

i agree spoiled, the girls do a better job.

I have never had them search my boat or truck either, I do believe they can though, would have to search DOT regulations to see, But I also have my 2 5 gallon boat tanks for the kicker motor in plain sight.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12