Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cinnamon Black bear felt color?

Default Cinnamon Black bear felt color?

I am trying to decide what colors to go with on my bear and was wondering if any of you could post pics of yours so I can get a better idea?

Rob, I'm camera poor at the moment, but my cinnamon is double felt, dark brown on black. If I can come up with a camera I'll try to post something for you.

king

It's very much a personal choice, but a medium/dark brown combo works pretty well. Some folks like a brighter contrast, such as a cranberry/dark brown combo. Others tend to choose something that goes with their room decor.

Sometimes it may not be possible, but I personally think it's a good idea to get with your taxidermist when the tanning is done and play around with a few "swatches" of felt in various colors to see how they look with your specific bear.

I'd post a few pictures, but the colors are always slightly different than seeing the felt colors "in person."

Congrats on getting a Cinnamon phase blackie! They're very cool!

i was thinking pink and purple

One day I will be lucky enough to shoot a cinnamon phase bear... And be stuck in your dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Rob, I'm camera poor at the moment, but my cinnamon is double felt, dark brown on black. If I can come up with a camera I'll try to post something for you.

king
    Thanks King look forward to seeing it if you can round up a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    One day I will be lucky enough to shoot a cinnamon phase bear... And be stuck in your dilemma
    What colors did you end up going with?

Here is a pic of my bear.

Great bear! Like I said in my earlier post, the felt's a very personal choice, and colors are hard to pick from a photo. Having said that, I'll post one example of a cinnamon.

The colors on the attached aren't "true", but it's a medium brown/dark brown combo. I prefer felt colors that are "subtle" and complementary to the color of the bear. That way, your eye doesn't focus on the felt "frame"; rather, on the "artwork" that is your bear :-).

Be safe!

adam 14.jpgadam 11.jpg

Thanks for sharing thoose pics Lone Wolf1! I had been thinking about going with colors similar to what you posted figured it would give better contrast with the lighter color against the bears fur. You see too many bears that have a felt that almost matched the fur color and it just blends right in instead of framing it.

Here goes:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Here goes:
    Nice cinnamon Dean!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Thanks for sharing thoose pics Lone Wolf1! I had been thinking about going with colors similar to what you posted figured it would give better contrast with the lighter color against the bears fur. You see too many bears that have a felt that almost matched the fur color and it just blends right in instead of framing it.
    Don't discount the blending part. Lonewolf1 did this one for me and it is awesome. Felt closely matches the hide color.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

I like to match the hide color with the inside felt as much as possible, then do a nice accent color on the outside. I have a chocolate blackie and a blond grizzly that I did this with. I'm not home now so I can't get pictures, but I really like the way they came out. The accent color on the chocolate blackie is a burgundy color.

My grizzly was gold on the back hide with more chocolate like legs, so I mirrored it with the felt.

*found this picture in my hunting photo's*

Bronco, how about a pink layer? It will match your binocular case you have!! LOL! You need to get back from the sand box and shoot some bears next spring. Or at least bring the girls down to hammer some.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Rob.. simple for me each time.. i choose the first layer closest to the hide to be one that compliments it.. or is of near color to it... that 2" boarder helps soften the edges of the hide/hair line it also, make it look bigger.. then i go with a flattering color around that..

my black bears are all Black on Royal blue, black on light blue, black on balck.. (flats vs shinys) my griz is brown on maroonish..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    Bronco, how about a pink layer? It will match your binocular case you have!! LOL! You need to get back from the sand box and shoot some bears next spring. Or at least bring the girls down to hammer some.
    Nice try I am not the one with the pink bino pouch that went to someone else though I think I could have pulled it off!

I better bring the girls next time I think they shoot better than I do and I know how you get about educating your bears.

Nice try I am not the one with the pink bino pouch that went to someone else though I think I could have pulled it off!

I better bring the girls next time I think they shoot better than I do and I know how you get about educating your bears.
    Huh I knew you were suspect from the get go and I knew something was up with northway because he uses the word "super fabulous" to much.

Nice cinnamon Dean!
    Thanks Rob. He was 6-6" and I took him in the Mistys with a TC .54 blackpowder.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Huh I knew you were suspect from the get go and I knew something was up with northway because he uses the word "super fabulous" to much.
    Yeah I got nothing......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast