Thread: AOD Summer Rally?

Default AOD Summer Rally?

With the winter crew now going Annual at Alpine Creek...any interest in having such an event in the summer? I know everyone's lives picks up quite a bit when the snow melts and schedules can be tough.

2-3 day weekend?
    Eureka- Big O run on 1 day, Nelchina Glaier another? Been dyin to run this loop again but it takes more than 1 Ranger to do it.

Somewheres else?

BBQ?

Bueller?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Sounds like fun. Having gone to the Nelchina Glacier for the first time on a snowmachine last week, doing the same trip on a wheeler would be fun.

Remember that there are also plenty of trains along the Denali Hwy, not far from Alpine Creek Lodge.

Yep, 100's of miles of trails, gold panning options, glaciers to ride to, and hardly any people outside of hunting seasons, and excellent grayling fishing!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

...TRAILS, not trains!

I've hit almost every trail south of Cantwell to Eureka, minus Denali. Most aren't up to a 4.5hr trek to Denali for 2 nights.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    I've hit almost every trail south of Cantwell to Eureka, minus Denali. Most aren't up to a 4.5hr trek to Denali for 2 nights.
    It would be a good halfway point for us Fairbanksans though....
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

I'm game. Having stayed at Alpine Creek last 4th of July, would recommend that again. Never rode out of Eureka on wheelers but snowmachines, was a blast. Keep us updated. Have plenty of three day weekends this summer. I will go as long as it doesn't interfere with sheep scouting.
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir