Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arctic Man

Default Arctic Man

Will be going to Arctic Man this year and taking my Son with me. Anyone from AOD going to be there??? Will be there in my RV and will be using the Mudd Ox to get around.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Default Possibly going!

We are possibly putting together a group to ride over there from the lodge on raceday. Just working on the logistics and see if we have enough interest from any guests that might be at the lodge. Would be a fun ride, especially in mid-April! Warm temps and lot's of daylight! We'll look for you when we get there.
    Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    We are possibly putting together a group to ride over there from the lodge on raceday. Just working on the logistics and see if we have enough interest from any guests that might be at the lodge. Would be a fun ride, especially in mid-April! Warm temps and lot's of daylight! We'll look for you when we get there.
    Claude

Will be parked in slot 227 and will have a AOD flag on my machine.
    Founding Member

i think our spot is 626 or some where around that number. we will be rolllin in a old school rv jamboree. also will have the cornhole (bean bag) game going along with some pong and cribbage and a fire.
    I will be sporting one of these.
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Dam man, where did you get the AOD flag? I'm still waiting on getting one myself. Hopefully someday I'll get one... I won't be going to artic man but I'm sure ya'll will have a blast... "fishon" or "Life is short, Ride hard"...

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

whats that flag look like? think i seen it when i drove by mad mernas on the way into town last weekend
    Semper Fi!

Just down the row from you in 221. Will stop by. Bring your photo album please???
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    Just down the row from you in 221. Will stop by. Bring your photo album please???
    Will do Sir,, look forward to meeting ya!!!

The flag is the boat flags that were made a while back. It is on my antenna is this photo.

I just got lucky and was able to get my flag through the help of some forum members, Thanks to all that helped me. I never actually got the one I paid for, Mr Vince gave me his!!!

Founding Member

Looks like I'd better book a room for the night of the 12th (race day is on the 13th) I've always wanted to just ride to the Arctic Man, not just drive. Is there a trail from McClaren to the monument?
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Cool deal Doug! We'll make a trail if we need to! I understand there usually is, but I was going to call Al at Maclaren to see where that's at. Al groomed from Maclaren Lodge to Alpine Creek Lodge yesterday.

I think we just cut North at Maclaren, go over Seven Mile Lake, then come out up there somewhere. I think that trail has even been goomed in the past.

Okay, here's the details from the AM website:

"The main event is scheduled for Friday, April 13, again we are hoping for good weather. We will use April 14 & 15 as back up dates. The race this year will START at 11 am and should be done by 12:30pm. The ARCTIC MAN SNO-GO CHALLENGE is right after the race which should START about 1:30 and should be done about 3PM."

We'd just have to leave the lodge around 8am to make the 11am start in plenty of time. It's probably a 75 mile ride, I'm guessing from ACL to AM. As long as we leave by 7pm, should be in daylight all the way back. Long warm days!! woo hoo!!

If things go as planned my co-worker and I will be competing in Arctic Man this year. Let's hope for sunshine and nice temps!

People riding up from Paxson usually ride the pipeline
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Thanks for the heads up Eric. Just looks like it'd be shorter if you headed N.E. out of McClaren if they had a trail in.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Or Eric, lol you can ride up the Den. Hwy. about 4 miles west of the lodge, take a right go about 1/4 mile and drop off a cliff onto summint lake ( if you got the guts to do it, lol) Really its a aderinlon rush and I would do it again if I was able to. ( kinda shortcut.)

( this is only for people that are REALLY familer with their machines because if you loose it there is no stopping either one of you til you get to the bottom, and I would'nt do it alone. )

Have fun all.

Well, I'm sure Doug would do that in his Bearcat. I'll hold the camera at the top just in case a 'photographic moment' presents itself!

I did it with the Indy 500 so the Bearcat should be a piece cake. lol. The only picture you will get is him going off the edge and him shooting out the bottom almost 800' below unless you climb down the hill aways, lol. ( its a fun ride. )

I think they have a name for the hill at Paxon, but I forget what it is. Just want to make sure somebody that is familer with it dose it before anybody else trys it. Let somebody that knows where it is make a trail before you blindly jump off the hill, lol.

Hows the well treating you?

The hill does sound like fun, but I always try to see where I'm going before I go down one of those... my shins are still healing from a couple of weeks ago when I was surprised!

Well is excellent! No problems at all since Doug came out and helped me lower it 30". Had a lot of people in the lodge too, but haven't ran low once!

We will be in spaces 201--206. Tiki torches, Duck Farts, turkey fryer and fireworks....I have made the trip across Fielding lake around a good ways to the highway and then back near the highway to Paxton Lodge a couple years ago. I will have to dig the maps out to see where that route was. We had a blast going the route. Planning on another try at it this year. We will likely try to hit that route before race day....Some years we even go to the race.

kevin

do you need to reserve spaces or is there plenty of spaces available for rv?
    Semper Fi!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast