Thread: S&W key lock replacement plug

Default S&W key lock replacement plug

I found a source for S&W key lock replacement plugs. Basically replace the key lock with a plug to match your pistol finish and removing the internal locks. I need a minimum order of 10 to get started as a dealer. I have three accounted for, if any of you are interested in having the key lock removed either get ahold of me or stop by Alaska Custom firearms and talk to Steve or I. They come in 3 sizes J, K/L/N, and X frame, and stainless, black, or unfinished steel.

We have had several of the 329 and X series revolvers where the key lock will lock itself under recoil.

OK I'm interested. If I have to send the firearm back will S&W they still honor all warranties. Will they remove the parts. Who puts these parts in and what is cost of the parts and installation.

I haven't had any issues at all with my newer S&W's with locks- I forget that they are even there. I guess I should Loktite them inplace just in case.

What I'd rather have than just a plug is a flat plate with a plug so that the gap between the hammer and the frame is filled in also.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

redale,

I tried to message you but your box is full. Clean out some space and PM me.

Strange my in box is empty.

Freedom475, Yup even the pictures are the same just cropped a bit. Thanks. I already got in touch.

You're welcome...but you know, I always just removed my flag and left everything else just the way it was....you do get the little slot by the hamer where the flag was, but you still have that with the Plug. My guns all look totally un-altered, unless you look real close. The flag is super easy to remove.,,and free

True and they won't collect that much extra dirt since I don't carry it in a pocket.

actually I didn't' even crop the picture. Its straight out of his email when I contacted him. They came in today and I installed one on my 329 night guard. Fit great and was easy to replace the factory lock. I'm pretty sure all 10 are spoken for but if anyone is interested they can swing by Alaska Custom Firearms and check it out. Until their gone we have a couple of each size and selling for $26 or $40 installed.

Last edited by Thebear_78; 04-09-2012 at 23:21. Reason: added picture