Thread: Cooper Landing fishing guide pleads guilty

Default Cooper Landing fishing guide pleads guilty

Article in the Dispatch says that the guide from Cooper Landing that ripped off a bunch of clients pleaded guilty to that and also PFD fraud by phone from Utah.

I hope his sentencing requires restitution to those he hosed in addition to the other appropriate penalties !

Which 'Dispatch' might that be? Interested because I fished (paid guide) with the guy about two weeks before all this started.

Quote Originally Posted by nuprofessor View Post
    Which 'Dispatch' might that be? Interested because I fished (paid guide) with the guy about two weeks before all this started.
    nupro, That would be alaskadispatch.com

Or get the full scoop on the Clarion.

Since most these trips were bought through eBay the buyers can take action through eBay....except eBay always sides with the seller and not the buyer when things get screwy. Hard to argue with a conviction backing your play now.

Ban this loser from the state. This is the same type of scumbag that allows clients to keep fish over their limit and do other illegal things too I bet. Glad they got him hopefully those people get their money back.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

C6,
    From the week (first week of August 2010) that my wife & I spent with him and his service I found him to be a very pleasant guy. He never once even tried to break the law. We had decided we would not return to fish with him- not because of him, but the type of fishing was not what we really enjoy. I would have recommended him to others that liked that type of fishing before all this came about. We were fairly surprised when we got home and heard what had happened. Being healthcare professionals we both commented to each other that he was spreading himself VERY thin and was showing early signs of not handling stress well.
    Granted I only got to interact with him for that one week. Do I feel sorry for the guy- NO!!! I agree that he should make things right financially for the clients he bilked. Also agree that this guy should be put on the permanent (FOR LIFE) ban list atleast in Alaska.
    No matter how much I liked the guy- it was a terrible way to treat people and their hard earned money.
    Last edited by nuprofessor; 03-30-2012 at 22:24. Reason: clarification