Thread: looking for harvest report for dm820 / hunt report/

Default looking for harvest report for dm820 / hunt report/

I have been selected for the dm820 unit,I was there in 2000 before it was a draw unit. I am intrerested in what that has done for this unit. What can I acspect for quality of bulls 12 years later and several years of permit only. I will be hunting the kateel as far up as I can, the last time I was almost to the box river before I got away from people and started to see quaility bulls,of course the going got tough and it was my last day.I harvested the first legal bull so I would not be skunked,I guess my question is, I have the whole season to hunt this time, should I take the first legal bull or hold out for the once in a lifetime bull.

Jet,
    You sound a lot more experienced than I am in the moose world. But I have always lived and believed in this moto...."If its big enough to shoot on the last day of the hunt, than its big enough to shoot on the first day." I am sure what ever the size if will be just as fulfilling and rewarding as any other. Good Luck Hunting

thanks for the reply but I am interested more in how the hunting has been like the last few years and the quality of the horns

Harvest reports are published annually. Check F&G.

Moose have antlers, not horns.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed