Thread: Question

Default Question

Since I know nothing about snogo or snowmachines, I have a question for those who do. Is the drive/traction/propulsion belt on a snowmachine length adjustable, Or does it just have tensioners to take up the slack.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default Track or Drive Belt

I'm assuming you are talking about a track that actually touches the snow and not the drive belt under your cowling. If you are indeed talking about the track itself then yes you can adjust the tension of the track.

No. You can reposition the track drivers but the drive belts are fixed like fan belts in a car and are model specific although lots of belts are so close in size that they will work on other sleds in a pinch.

FYI the drive train works like this: There are two sheaved clutches that work together. The primary comes off the main crank and the secondary transfers power to the track.

As rpms increase the sheaves on the primary close together as the sheaves on the secondary open up. This has the effect of "shifting" to higher gears as speed increases.

Clutching is controlled by springs and counter weights, and is the single most important aspect of sled performance. Many make the mistake of messing with their carbs whenever their sled is "off" when more often than not its the clutches that need cleaning or maintenance.

Default Thanks

I think I was misunderstood or I stated the question wrong. I am interested in the belt or track or whatever it's called that engages the snow and gives the machine forward propulsion. Also do snow machines have electric start, and if so how do their batteries perform at low temps.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default Yes you can adjust the TRACK

Yes the loop of rubber that gives you forward propulsion by moving across the snow is called that track and on most machines that tension can be adjusted. Also electric start seems to work fairly well for the machines I've seen down to -30 below. Haven't gone riding much colder than that. Yes you can call me a fair weather rider.

Out of curiosity, where did this question stem from, being that you were unaware of what the track was actually called?