Thread: Latest news on the Wood Bison Issue.

Default Latest news on the Wood Bison Issue.

The House unanimously passed HJR 32, which urges the US Congress to exempt Wood Bison from protection under the Endangered Species Act to grant control of Wood Bison in Alaska to the State. The resolution now moves to the Senate.

http://housemajority.org/spon.php?id=27hjr32

Hey Bushrat if you read this, subtle reminder on the pictures you were going to send!
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

This will keep us from having the same problems that the states are having when trying to deal with the wolf population.

Well, I was recently in Juneau and spoke with my representative on this...and while I agree it would be great for the U.S. Congress to exempt wood bison and remove them from ESA list for Alaska, I doubt it is going to happen in the near future.

Suffice it to say, I am pretty bummed...it's looking more and more like the bison we have at the conservation center are going to languish there indefinitely or need to be put down.

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Well, I was recently in Juneau and spoke with my representative on this...and while I agree it would be great for the U.S. Congress to exempt wood bison and remove them from ESA list for Alaska, I doubt it is going to happen in the near future.

Suffice it to say, I am pretty bummed...it's looking more and more like the bison we have at the conservation center are going to languish there indefinitely or need to be put down.
    You would think there has to be place for these magnificant creatures. That herd of plains bison on Popoff Is. has done well. Let's drop them on Unga Is.

There's always hope.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am