Thread: Least crowded day/time at Birchwood?

Default Least crowded day/time at Birchwood?

I'm an EPM, but I haven't spent much time out there since I purchased my membership. Sometime in the next week or two I need to do a lot of shooting to collect samples for the forensic science class that I teach, and I would prefer to do so when it's uncrowded since I will be stopping to go downrange often. Ideally I'd be able to use one of the handgun ranges on my own, but I know there are no guarantees. That being said, for those of you with experience - what time of day and/or day of the week am I most likely to be able to shoot without much company?

Monday or Tuesday, any time. But after 5 might be the best. Just depends on how nice the weather is.

I had a complete 100 yard range to myself on Friday in the early afternoon. I think it was Range D right in front of the office. 25 yard minimum on that one. However, most of the handgun ranges were pretty lightly occupied also.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I find that it keeps shifting. For about a year, I was going 3-5 days a week. At first mon-tues morning was best, but then it started getting crowded... next wed-thurs afternoon was good, but then swapped back to earlier in the week.

I really think there's a core of people (with no strict employment schedules) who just chase each other around the tree.

Yep, Monday's and Tuesday are awesome there.

If it's for educational purposes I bet you could get them to block out a range for you for a short period like an hour. Wouldn't hurt to call and ask.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem