Thread: Guide on bunks

Default Guide on bunks

I've been thinking about getting set of guide on bunks for awhile. Now seems to be time to get some. I have been looking on line and the one I see in Overtons, Westmarine ands the like seem pretty cheap and flimsy. Is there a place in town that manufacture or stock guide on's that are AK tested stout?
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

You are thinkin gin the right direction. Make your own or have someone like Gary at Greatland Welding build ya some. They will hold up unlike most store bought bunks.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by Jimw View Post
    I've been thinking about getting set of guide on bunks for awhile. Now seems to be time to get some. I have been looking on line and the one I see in Overtons, Westmarine ands the like seem pretty cheap and flimsy. Is there a place in town that manufacture or stock guide on's that are AK tested stout?
    I bought a set from Dewey's the same time I bought the boat and trailer.. they have worked very well for us.. there's been a time or two when I thought we should have busted a side board but haven't...

I have these short stubby little side bunks, kinda (8 eights or so tall came with trailer). I love them. I fish/boat knik river (current) constantly and they make it so much easier for one guy... me, to put my boat back on the trailer. Any river with current, they are a godsend for sure. Where ever you get them from, you will be glad you did... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

I build my own and use Treks Deck material. Expensive but slick..........Duckdon

Thanks for the input!! I do a lot of "taking out" solo and for the past 6 years if the boat isn't on there straight i would just drive down the rode a bit and the bumps on the road would straighten boat out., stop, put the tie downs on and head out. I only have about 2 inchs of play to get it on there straight
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

I like the idea with the Trex plank. They are tough, waterproof and very slick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimw View Post
    Thanks for the input!! I do a lot of "taking out" solo and for the past 6 years if the boat isn't on there straight i would just drive down the rode a bit and the bumps on the road would straighten boat out., stop, put the tie downs on and head out. I only have about 2 inchs of play to get it on there straight

I tried that with my tub but she is a little on the heavy side and won't move so back in the water she goes.