Thread: remington rand trade

Wink remington rand trade

I recently traded a S&W M&P 357 sig and a little cash for a 1941 Remington Rand GI 45 acp not totally original but in good condition and a good shooter, I put a mag full of ball ammo threw it and it worked great. Any opinions on the rand pistol.

Thank you for any replies

Default Remington Rand 1911

Excellent trade $$ wise considering what GI 1911s go for nowadays.

The early Remington Rands apparently had some quality issues but they were later worked out later according to what I've read. The early guns also had a different finish than the later parkerized guns.

I've got an early one also but mine is almost new so I haven't shot it much. As I recall it shot fine when I did shot it years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 375forme View Post
    I recently traded a S&W M&P 357 sig and a little cash for a 1941 Remington Rand GI 45 acp not totally original but in good condition and a good shooter, I put a mag full of ball ammo threw it and it worked great. Any opinions on the rand pistol.

Thank you for any replies
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I have only had it a short time but I like it. I first thought about turning it over for a good payday but I like it's well used finish. Something about a working 70 year old pistol, I might just shot it a while. Not sure what they are worth anyway.

Thanks for the reply