Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just in time charters??

Default Just in time charters??

Lookin' for a little feedback on this charter,http://justintimecharters.com/
    We have fished out of Homer for the past 10 years or so but decided to try out Seward this year.
    This guy has the dates we want open, and sounded like a pretty good guy on the phone, but thought I would ask around and see if anybody here knows him or has been out with him before we send the deposit.
    Thanks.

See you back in Homer next year! Best of luck! Have you ever gone out with Silver Fox in Homer? If not you might give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    See you back in Homer next year! Best of luck! Have you ever gone out with Silver Fox in Homer? If not you might give them a try.
    Yep matter of fact I have been out with Silver Fox, the Cap't was late, he had very poor manners, he lost a drive in one of his motors on the way back in, we ended up getting back several hours late, and it was the only time ever that we didn't get a limit.

That was several years ago and I understand that you can't judge the whole outfit by just one Cap't, he might be a swell guy just having a bad day that day, but you asked.

I got nothing against Homer, it's a very cool place and I have friends there.
    Seward is much closer to the Russian where we will be camped at the time, and I have no complaints with the few times I have fished out of Seward.

Here's what tell people about charters out of homer. Walk the boardwalk at the end of the day see which charter has the big fish and is running out far not to chicken patch.... Just a thought another spot to check out see which charter is doing it correct is buttwackers behind the salty dog saloon. It we most of the charters take there fish to get cut up.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by slimm View Post
    Lookin' for a little feedback on this charter,http://justintimecharters.com/
    We have fished out of Homer for the past 10 years or so but decided to try out Seward this year.
    This guy has the dates we want open, and sounded like a pretty good guy on the phone, but thought I would ask around and see if anybody here knows him or has been out with him before we send the deposit.
    Thanks.
    Haven't personally fished with him but we are on the same dock, he fishes hard and brings back fish. Never heard anyone complaining about him either. Fast boat. You can do a search on "Seward" and get your fill of comments good/bad. Crackerjack is always at the top but Andy fills up quick... For good reasons.

I don't think you you'll disappointed with justintime though.
    Tony

I agree with what Tony said above. I hear Justin on the radio a lot. It seems like everyone knows him and likes him. The boat is a 27ft Seasport, which seems a bit small to me if he is taking out 6 (not sure about this). My first choice would be with Andy of Crackerjack, but this is just based on reputation and his demeanor here on the forum. Both are nice guys, and I don't think you will be disappointed with Seward.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Hey Slimm...I have fished with Justin a few times.....Great guy...Solid gear and boat. Local guy too....Always put me on fish and we have made some great memories fishing with him
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Justin is a born and raised Seward Fisherman. He's served his time aboard Commercial and the Charter Fleet. You won't find a harder working, more conscientious, and cheerful Skipper anywhere in the Harbor. He knows where the fish are, and how to catch them. His boat is in top shape, and she scoots! Great choice all around.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Well! looks like we will be fishin' with Justin this year.

On a side note, I gotta agree with jrogers about Andy's reputation and his demeanor here on the forum, I've always thought Andy was top notch and will definitely do business with him some day, but it just ain't my turn to pick a charter this year.

Many thanks to all for the replys.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Only time i had a chance to go out with them... I didn't go... the missus paid for the seats.... and i sent her in my place, as she had never been... Got to say...

She and her son had a great day!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by slimm View Post
    Yep matter of fact I have been out with Silver Fox, the Cap't was late, he had very poor manners, he lost a drive in one of his motors on the way back in, we ended up getting back several hours late, and it was the only time ever that we didn't get a limit.

That was several years ago and I understand that you can't judge the whole outfit by just one Cap't, he might be a swell guy just having a bad day that day, but you asked.
    X2 with Silver Fox. Capt was not very friendly and treated his deck hand like crap. Learned my lesson and never used them again. I haven't fished with Justin, but I've heard nothing but awesome reviews about the man! Good luck, have fun and post your report with lots of pics!

Will be booking my trip soon. Local captain born and bred seward fisherman not an outsider that "runs" a boat, which describes half the homer fleet my last charter capt. in homer was from wash. state chicken city, not sure I even got the fish I caught. Justin knows how to fish on "off" days something only locals can do. His boat is fast=more fish time! see ya soon justin. B.Q.

Quote Originally Posted by salmoncrazy View Post
    Will be booking my trip soon. Local captain born and bred seward fisherman not an outsider that "runs" a boat, which describes half the homer fleet my last charter capt. in homer was from wash. state chicken city, not sure I even got the fish I caught. Justin knows how to fish on "off" days something only locals can do. His boat is fast=more fish time! see ya soon justin. B.Q.
    If that's you Gretzky, gimme a call sometime man.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

I have gone out with Justin and wouldn't hesitate to go out with him again. Great guy and works to get you the fish. Nice fast boat and plenty of room.
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

I see Justin out on the water all the time in his Seasport during the summer. I almost always catch my limit, and he is seemingly always nearby, so his clients must be doing well too.....Maybe he is following me....LOL....Maybe, I am following HIM.....who knows.... At any rate, he has a nice boat, and I have never heard a negative thing about him.

Justin is a very good guy to go fishing with. I have known him for twenty years and always enjoy hanging out with him. He worked for me many moons ago on the little Crackerjack and we had a great time.

Yep, a good place to spend your money. You won't regret it

Looks like Justin has earned quite the reputation for himself, I gotta say I'm feeling pretty good about this trip
    I really appreciate all the replys.

Nice choice going out of Seward, if nothing else, for the variety of species you'll catch - not to mention the variety of experiences you'll have. Justin has a great reputation, and my experience with him has always been positive... I'm sure you'll have a great time with him, and please report back here afterw
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

Just talked to the man himself a couple of hours ago. Sounds like he is going to let his right hand man Bo run the boat this year. I met Bo last summer and he seemed like an A+ guy to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast