Thread: Guided Hunting Trips

Default Guided Hunting Trips

Hey everyone I'm looking for a good guided moose hunting trip for a beginner moose hunter. Any suggestions?

that is way to open of a question. What style of hunt do you want, did you have an area in mind? What time frame are you looking at? Do you have a budget in mind? You can find a good difference in price on some of them. Is this a solo or not. I think that you get the idea.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

If you are trying to get a good idea of what guide to go with or not to go with try looking in the Alaska forum on www.accuratereloading.com there is plenty of good info in there from people who have used guides.

I noticed you are on JBER any reason why you are set on a guided hunt? You could go on a lot of do it yourself hunts for the price of one guided hunt.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

If I could afford a guided hunt for bear I would do it in a heartbeat.Never give up a chance to learn new things if in budget.JMHO
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

If you send me your email I can give you a few names for some very good guides...

Fuzzy Guy..DITTO....

Just because you just got here does not mean you cant explore all the resources out there. There are plenty of great opportunities for DIY hunts...whats the reason? Give us more to go on and I am sure there are plenty out there that will get you headed in the right directions...kind of left that question open...Alaska is BIG, so is planning for most of your adventures.

Welcome to the board..

DH01

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    If you are trying to get a good idea of what guide to go with or not to go with try looking in the Alaska forum on www.accuratereloading.com there is plenty of good info in there from people who have used guides.

I noticed you are on JBER any reason why you are set on a guided hunt? You could go on a lot of do it yourself hunts for the price of one guided hunt.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

What he said, very few Alaskans on this forum have ever used a guide for moose. Go to AR forum and ask the hunters in the lower 48 whom they would recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    If I could afford a guided hunt for bear I would do it in a heartbeat.Never give up a chance to learn new things if in budget.JMHO
    Amigo a bear hunt is the one time I would be interested in going with a guide for the same reason you mentioned to learn some valuable and hard earned information about bears and bear hunting. But I can't afford that so I will keep doing it my way and slowly learn as I go. Love hunting bears and learn new stuff every time I go out.

I'm just thinking he may just stay here a year or less and never return missing the chance all together.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Go find a guy in your unit who has been here awhile and is hunter, and tag along on a mooose hunt, read some books before to learn the lingo, then get out there and hunt, only way to learn is to get out in the bush and rattle some brush. No better teacher than the land itself. The great explorers just went a direction and took a look. And it gives you a reason to buy a quad, which is my favorite toy in the world.

The main reason I wanted to do a guided hunt becasue I've only ever really done for hunting is going into my back yard and shooting what deer we saw. Living here has been a bit different and since I've posted this I've been talking with some friends on base and we've got a few of us going together. One person was actually a guide for a few years so I'll get trained up in the art of AK hunting this year. Thanks for ideas guys.

Makes me wonder how many Alaska guides we have in the military now days with money tight

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyguy View Post
    The main reason I wanted to do a guided hunt becasue I've only ever really done for hunting is going into my back yard and shooting what deer we saw. Living here has been a bit different and since I've posted this I've been talking with some friends on base and we've got a few of us going together. One person was actually a guide for a few years so I'll get trained up in the art of AK hunting this year. Thanks for ideas guys.
    How long have you been in Alaska? It is much like hunting deer except your back yard is a lot bigger and the rules are more complex. Spend some quality time with the hunting regulations before heading out to look for game.

You have a friend in the military that was a guide in Alaska?

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyguy View Post
    So heres my take.I am all for guided hunting trips,of course I am a guide so I am kind of biased..lol Guides are good for simple reasons we do what we do a lot so we learn from experience. Most of us hunt as hard as humanly possible go further climb higher and never give up. I used to (and still sometimes do ) read all the manangement reports ,harvest reports, habitat studies for all the areas I guide in, amazing info on ADFG. I bet you would have a great time on a guided hunt probably a trip of a lifetime but I think if you plan on being in Alaska for a number of years that you would benefit simply from spending time in the field. You dont have to be hunting just out there learning habits and behaviors on animals, go up to Denali and watch the bears and moose,chugach watch the sheep lots of non hunting and off season areas that hold lots of critters that you can learn from. This kind of experience will aide you in hunting and last a lifetime. Read the forums and ask questions,read all the hunt reports from hunters that were successful and why and read the unsuccessful and ask why.I learn more about being in nature simply from being in nature. When I wanted to learn how to call geese I sat in the park listening to geese.

There are exceptions that Bronco guy should only hunt with a guide.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    There are exceptions that Bronco guy should only hunt with a guide.....
    Hey I resent that fact! Then again I might have better luck with that 10 foot brown bear.

Hey I resent that fact! Then again I might have better luck with that 10 foot brown bear.

No you dont you know Im just givin you crud...LOL I have no doubt from reading some of your posts and chattin with you there is a 10' bear in you future!