Thread: Shore fishing in Skagway

Default Shore fishing in Skagway

Hello,
    My wife and I will be in Skagway in late July for a cruise. Would appreciate any advise on someplace we can fish from the shore that is near the cruise ship docks. Prefer to catch salmon but don't care what species. Will not be sending any fish home.

Thanks to anyone who would be kind enough to reply.

Charlie

CharlieM - your options for shore fishing for salmon are relatively limited in Skagway. There are some salmon returns to Pullen Creek (which empties into Taiya Inlet right on the town's waterfront), but I can't tell you anything about their run timing. I would suggest going to the Alaska Dept. of Fish and Game's Sportfish Division web site online and finding their Southeast Alaska Regional phone number in Juneau and ask them what may be available. Good luck and have a great cruise. ;-)

Skagway is your worst choice for shore fishing and the best choice for tourism via the railroad up Chilcoot Pass. Shore fish Juno by renting a car and escape the cruise ship mobs...

Rosenberg; Sarasota, FL / Kodiak, AK
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"