Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Partner

Talking Fishing Partner

I have not seen a question like this in a while on here. so here it is.

If you could fish with anyone for a day who would it be?

To make this interesting lets do this...We all miss our Dads, friends etc etc so lets no use those....Pick someone other than someone we have lost or miss if you know what I mean....

Since I just thought of this I dont have an answer at this moment. I will post as soon as I do.....Lets have some fun with this......

Also maybe a brief little reason why you want to spend a day fishing with this person.....Oh and dont go all pervo on this either....Keep the hot naked chicks to a low rumble so we dont get in trouble
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Family is king for me, so I would put dad at the top of the list, but since that is a given I will go with my spawn and my brother.

My son put 150 pounds of halibut in our freezer this past year and my daughter keeps us in the coho. My brother, well, he is just good company and pours top shelf bourbon.

Son's first flatfish. 112 pounds.

Daughter's nice coho

Brother doing what he does.

Aw, hell Chuck. I would fish with you, too!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Your brother pours top shelf bourbon? Hell Pete...put your brother at the top of my list as well! (And while I've got your attention...I was sitting next to a crew from your school last night at the fly fishing film tour at the Bear Tooth. You were nowhere to be seen...what gives?)

I gather that Chuck is not looking for family members. My boys and wife would of course come first, but... On a historical standpoint, I'd love to share a hunt or a river with Teddy Roosevelt just to get his perspective on wildlife management first hand. As for currently living people, the political wonk in me would like to fish with Ron Paul. To keep things apolitical, though, I'd like to spend a day chasing grayling with Chuck. Seriously. I know we've talked about it for years, Chuck, but I still want to make it happen.

Are you sure it was my school? I highly doubt it. But I bet I know who you are talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Are you sure it was my school? I highly doubt it. But I bet I know who you are talking about!
    Still at Central, no?

Since Pete was bragging on his kids... This is my oldest with his first jigged fish:

My youngest with the closest thing he caught to a real fish during his first summer on the riverbank. It didn't put up much of a fight, but he couldn't have been more pleased!

Default My Favorite Fishing Partner...

She is my all time favorite.

If I could pick a second place favorite, most likely I think a day of chasing tarpon with Jimmy Buffett would rate as a winner. Or perhaps a day of running whitewater in pursuit of trout, and then sharing a fire with Hemingway. One other scenario would be sitting on a pier in some Banana Republic with a bottle of good tequila, and Hunter Thompson.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Your brother pours top shelf bourbon? Hell Pete...put your brother at the top of my list as well! (And while I've got your attention...I was sitting next to a crew from your school last night at the fly fishing film tour at the Bear Tooth. You were nowhere to be seen...what gives?)

I gather that Chuck is not looking for family members. My boys and wife would of course come first, but... On a historical standpoint, I'd love to share a hunt or a river with Teddy Roosevelt just to get his perspective on wildlife management first hand. As for currently living people, the political wonk in me would like to fish with Ron Paul. To keep things apolitical, though, I'd like to spend a day chasing grayling with Chuck. Seriously. I know we've talked about it for years, Chuck, but I still want to make it happen.
    The Grayling trip is on the list

Well I did come up with one answer.......Id like to fish a young man named Zeypher Louis Zollner.........He is not quite here yet but he will be here late July early August.....My first Grandbaby

Awesome pics and stories so far....Keep it running kids

Well, since all my kids have grown up and moved away, I guess all the women in my life (besides my wife, as she ways comes first) would be my choice. If they all like to fish, and they do (or they don't go) are the most fun. Excitment and hot chicks on the water? What else could be more fun... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Hippie, I was wondering how your daughter held a fishing pole without arms, then I saw the next photo .

My wife, her excitement when battling a coho puts a grin on my face.

Still at Central, no?
    I student taught there, many years ago. Figured that is who you were referring to.

My Dad no question about it. My Dad and I fished and hunted together most of all my life since I can remember. I started Brook Fishing (wading with just a pair of sneakers on) for Brook Trout when I was about 4 years old and Dad use to tie a rope to me to pull me up when I would fall down in the Brook. Dad has made three fishing trips to Alaska to fish with me and I have made many trips since I left the nest to go hunting with him as well. Dad is 83 now and can't fly anymore due to an ear pressure health issue. I'd give anything to have him back with me in my boat this summer pulling up shrimp pots, crab pots, and battleing Salmon, Rockfish, Lings, Halibut and anything else he can pull up from the sea and put a smile on his face as well as mine. Since he can't fly, I'm going to Maine this summer to once again wet a line with Dad, but I'd give anything to have him up here as the fishing/catching opportunities don't hold a candle to back east. This is a pic of Pops with his one and only King Salmon about 8 years ago with my wifes boss and my friend. Dad had been in state less than 24 hours when he
    caught this 47 pound Lil'Sue Hog. Dad is the one in the yellow PFD.

Dad & John King.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    I student taught there, many years ago. Figured that is who you were referring to.
    Huh. I guess I've been working off of the wrong assumption this whole time. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    Hippie, I was wondering how your daughter held a fishing pole without arms, then I saw the next photo .
    <grin>

BrianM mentioned this pic the other night, and I never miss an opportunity to show it off....

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Other than fishing with my grandpa or dad (my favorite fishing partners), I think it would be fun to spend a day on the water with Larry the Cable Guy. Granted he is just a comedian, but I think the day would be filled with lots of laughs and a whole lot of memories.

Huh. I guess I've been working off of the wrong assumption this whole time. Sorry about that.
    Brian, do you think that I would get any work done if I worked with those hooligans? We sure would have fun, though.

That would have to be my boy....He's a die hard for sure...!!!

Jose Wejebe among the living and like Brian TR would be cool to share a stream with.
    Jose because I learn something new each time I see his show and he seems to be a real down to earth dude that is a pretty decent fisherman.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast