Thread: HELP Unguided hunts

Default HELP Unguided hunts

Looking for help would like to plan a trip for 4 in october for an unguided black bear hunt really need some help and would appreciate any advice or contact information

You'll find good info here, but you're going to have to provide us with more info. Where are you planning on going? If you don't know, where are you starting from? Anchorage? Juneau? Ketchikan? Other??? What is your budget, experience, expectations, etc? Saying that you want to hunt a bear is a very vague statement. Alaska is huge, and the opportunities to hunt black bears vary widely from area to area.

By the way, I would suggest that you do a search through the forums here. There is a wealth of info that has already been posted that might give you the knowledge you need to get started. Good luck!

-Brian

Default more info

not sure were to hunt just tring to get some companies names that do unguided hunts i could only find 3 online that offered it looking for prices just for dropoff and pick up services so far prices around 500 to 700 look good areas are around Keni is this good

Have you tried the list of hunting transporters provided here on outdoorsdirectory.com? I've never used a transporter here in AK, but this list might be a great place to start. Call some of them, ask for references, search through the forum archives for recommendations and stories, and then post specific questions about specific areas and transporters. You're a lot more likely to get good responses once you specify the area and transporter in question.

-Brian

Default Keni and Homer

Can you or any one else tell me about black bear hunting from Keni to Homer in the first of oct i have found some transport services to use but they cant tell me how good the hunting is because they mostly fish this time of year or deer hunt can any help

Default Why bear hunt in the fall?

If it was me I would be bear hunting in the spring. The hide are better and easier to hunt in the spring, and there are so many other trophies to hunt during the fall.

Terry

I would talk to Mike Strahan. He is a trip planner and would be able to put the whole thing together for you. Its nice to have a friend on the ground up here to help you along. If you donít want him to plan your hunt he would gladly point you in the right direction. Just my $0.02

Drew

Default Some ideas for you-

Quote Originally Posted by cletisbear View Post
    Looking for help would like to plan a trip for 4 in october for an unguided black bear hunt really need some help and would appreciate any advice or contact information
    Hello,

Brian is correct, we need more information in order to provide meaningful information to you. Here are some questions that would help us help you:

1. Budget. How much do you want to spend?

2. Experience. Have you hunted Alaska before? How about black bear? are you able to handle yourselves in a remote setting?

3. Gear. Will you need to rent gear or do you have your own?

4. Preferences. Fly-out or boat-based? Hike in? Float hunt? What sort of hunt are you looking for.

5. Area. You mentioned the Kenai Peninsula; are you locked in to that, or have you considered other areas?

Feel free to drop me a private message and we can go over these details, to help frame this a little better. You're in the right place, but we need to focus it a little more. Drop me a line and we'll talk on the phone. I won't charge you anything unless I end up putting the whole thing together. So far that's been working, but I'm getting more and more calls...

Excellent questions!

Regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay