Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well here we go again boys and girls.

Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Wow, that is interesting but I guess should be suspected. Ruger has come out with so many new models of handguns in the last few years and several have been very popular. Orders for the SR1911 are taking about 4-5 months for delivery at the base exchange from what I've been told. Hope Ruger is able to hire more employees and purchase more equipment to catch up to demand and hopefully the demand will continue into the future! Looks like as we get closer to November, we can expect bare shelves again with the ammo and reloading supplies. Thanks for posting.

Would like to know if this is a common trend with other manufacturers? My nephew just ordered a LaRue Tactical AR a few weeks ago down in the lower 48. From what he was told, they are also experiencing increased demand and production is behind so he is on the waiting list!

I think it is industry wide - one of those good problems to have in sales! I asked a dist I do bus with about a Bushmaster AR Carbon and rep said he could put me on a list of 866 on B/O - People are both enjoying firearms and a building sense of trouble as well I think is fueling big demands... People are realizing LEO's can't get there in time to protect them from harm in most cases, simple logistics....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    I think it is industry wide - one of those good problems to have in sales! I asked a dist I do bus with about a Bushmaster AR Carbon and rep said he could put me on a list of 866 on B/O - People are both enjoying firearms and a building sense of trouble as well I think is fueling big demands... People are realizing LEO's can't get there in time to protect them from harm in most cases, simple logistics....
    I just looked at one of the Bushmaster Carbon AR's at Bass Pro Shops/Outdoor world last week.
    Just did not look right to me, more like an Air-Soft BB gun.

The hundred dollar Mosins may well become thousand dollar Jewell's in no time.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    The hundred dollar Mosins may well become thousand dollar Jewell's in no time.
    That's great! I have two already and can pick up a few more at the Gun Show this weekend!
    Anybody want to be an investor?

Yes itís industry wide, the rush and backorders anyway but the sales stoppage is just Ruger so far. Not just guns ether, MREs and all kinds of servile goods too it seems. People seem to think the 2nd term of ďchange you can believe inĒ will lead to some kind of huge end of the world type mess, huge numbers of people. Cost me over $200 to fuel up my truck yesterday so itís hard to argue with their logic.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from EAA 1-4-12 and got my order 1-15-12 with a note that they had no 45acp mags and they were backordered . . .all but one of those came in 3-5-12. Also took 60 days to get one of the two P22 target barrel kits I ordered from Walther/S&W too. I learned last time and Iím all dug in on my inventory of most things I use much of, but itís bound to be rough again I bet.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Any wonder why so much is sent to China for manufacturing?

Shortages are showing up industry wide. The next president may appoint, possibly, 3 supreme court justices. Change you can count on!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

It's good to see the gun industry doing so well.
    Now what ?

I have had a few things ordered since early December that are still on back order. It is a few cartridge cases you use with the Hornady OAL gage and a few other things. The guy I buy from said he was having trouble getting lots of things in.

Ruger says it should be back to regular business by the end of May. Good time to buy some stock in Ruger since they are one of the few gun manufacturers that trade. RGR is the NASDAQ company name.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Two things are happening right now... tax return money and fear of the election. I didn't pay any more for my Daniel Defense M4 V7 recently, but I do know that the delivery time went from a couple weeks around the beginning of the year to a waiting period of over 6 months now in March. Luckily my FFL guy located some at a distributor recently. Virtually every high quality AR-15 part is back ordered in this country.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

According to the two biggest gun stores in my area, both Kimber and Springfield have said it would be a minimum of 6 months before any orders could be filled.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Quote Originally Posted by tabmarine View Post
    I just looked at one of the Bushmaster Carbon AR's at Bass Pro Shops/Outdoor world last week.
    Just did not look right to me, more like an Air-Soft BB gun.
    I already have one and it functions flawlessly and is super lite to carry. Accuracy is fine at 100 yds - I like mine.
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I happen to like my Carbon 15 too. It's certainly not as good as my DDM4, but it's also half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Virtually every high quality AR-15 part is back ordered in this country.
    I think this is going to do nothing but get worse...

DD is looking at lead times into 2013 for their rifles (directly from them). Rep said they brought on a third shift and still cannot keep up with production working 'round the clock...

Colt 6920's are reappearing into the market, but they are now $100 more expensive. I'm glad I bought when I did...thanks Kyle

I don't mean to anger anyone, but I know I probably will, so I would like to apologize in advance.

I just don't get all of this panic gun and ammo buying because of an election. I understand the political rhetoric, but I think shooters are simply shooting themselves in the foot. We see this every time a Democrat gets in the White House, but we never see the huge gun and ammo confiscation or the huge taxation of guns and ammo that gun owners are so afraid of. Even during the so-called assault rifle ban days, one could still go out and buy an AR15 and accessories. I bought my 9mm with hi cap magazines during that ban too.

I recall coworkers and friends running frantically to every gun store in the Anchorage area buying up every box of ammo for whatever caliber gun they owned in a state of fear that within days of the inauguration it would all be gone. The result has been only to artificially increase demand thereby driving prices up. It's a fundamental law of economics that high demand dives up prices, especially when demand outstrips production capacity. By purchasing more and more and more ammunition, guns, etc (any product really) all we are doing is making that product cost more and more and more.

It is our own fault that gun and ammo prices are so high. There have been no increase in taxation on guns and ammo by the government-not even a bill to propose such. Neither has there been any official "rationing" of guns or ammo. This shortage of guns and ammo is purely artificial and by our own creation. In fact, Ruger did not stop taking orders because the government told them to, they did it because WE told them to by our behavior.

Now I'm not here to say that the current president is a friend to gun owners and hunters, and I'll admit that if (probably when by the looks of things) he is reelected he will be more brazen and may actually attempt to introduce some sort of gun legislation. However, it seems to me that with the opposition party firmly in control of half the legislative branch, the current administration will continue to run into brick walls on just about everything The fact is, the current administration has not submitted a single gun law to Congress.

I think that diligence on our part and support of legislators who support the 2nd Amendment is common sense, but this panic-driven run to buy up everything gun related is self destructive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast