Thread: 4 Stroke 4-8hp outboard WTB

Default 4 Stroke 4-8hp outboard WTB

I am in the market for a 4-8 hp 4 stroke short shaft boat motor. If you happen to have one or know of intel on upcoming sales it would be much appreciated. I am not looking for a handout, I have cash and want something that is nice to new.

Thanks in advance.

check craigslist they come up for sale every now and then. there might be a few specials at the sportsmans show?

Thanks for the tip.

The lowest price of last year was at the sportsman shows. By far too.....I bought a 3.5 hp tohatsu for around 900 bucks - a better deal than the internet....

I will have to go there and check it out. Not having much luck else where. Thanks

i have a 2002 Johnson 4 stroke 4HP. It has been used twice. No joke this thing is mint and has been sitting in my heated garage since new. It isnt a long enough leg for my jet boat so it doesnt get used. i can email pics if you are interested, then u can make me and offer.

thx sc
    staceycarlier@hotmail.com

I know how much you want a 4 stroke. So I'll be glad to take that 2 stroker off your hands right now.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Something to consider.

Most if not all the new(er) 4strokes in the 4-6hp are going to be single cylinder and around 50-60lbs. The 8hp outboards are generally going to be two cylinder and allot smoother, but they are going to weight 80-100lbs.

Unless you're running the Kenai and absolutely have to have a 4 stroke, an 8hp e-rude or Johnson 2 stroke weighs 56 pounds and they can be found on craigslist for around $500.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.