Thread: Kifaru meat bag question

Default Kifaru meat bag question

These bags are "rated" to carry 100 pounds of boned out meat. Never used them before so have no idea how accurate the rating is. How many bags would you need for two boned out Dall rams?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    These bags are "rated" to carry 100 pounds of boned out meat. Never used them before so have no idea how accurate the rating is. How many bags would you need for two boned out Dall rams?

It takes 2 bags for a Ram, each bag will hold half a Ram, even boned out it takes 2 bags. Great bags, been using them for years, do like to take some extra bags that breath better and leave them at the strip.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

I've always been able to get an entire ram in one bag, though it is stuffed to the gills. I take one bag for meat and a second bag can hold an entire life-sized hide. Looks like Steve is tying the bag closed, I've just use the drawstring, might be why I get slightly more capacity (or maybe I shoot smaller rams). I'd say bring 3 bags for 2 rams. Plus another bag can hold two shoulder capes. +1 on being great bags.

can't tell ya on a ram but it took 3 for my goat 2 for meat and one for a life size hide.
    I kill things....deal with it.

I think I could have crammed my entire ram into one bag....two worked out much better. One thing of note is these bags do NOT breathe. I put both bags inside a garbage bag in my pack and tossed the rolled up cape on top. Worked out fine, don't know that you need to take a 3rd bag. A good amount of blood still found its way into my pack....keep in mind it never stopped raining in the AK range last year so my meat never got to crust over. This year I will likely take a couple traditional game bags and leave them at the strip.

have you looked at the new T.A.G. bags http://www.pristineventures.com/products/game-bags.html
    there quite abit lighter than the older ones.....just a thought for better breathe-ability