Thread: A couple wolves

Default A couple wolves

With season coming to an end for me I have some time here are a couple wolves I picked up this season.
    The first came at a bait station I have used for many years. I have snared several wolves in this spot over the yearsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	wolf.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	58237
    The second I saw standing in the river one day while checking traps. It seemed like it was trying to decide what to do. So I helped it decide it needed a ride home with me Nice big male Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01435.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	58238
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

Those are awesome! Congrats on getting a couple.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Nice man! That male is a lunker for sure. Do you sell them? Might be good to get one to hang at the lodge, I haven't been able to get one here on POW.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Congrats!!! The one you are hoisting up is huge!
    Karma is like a rubber band; it can only stretch so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face.

Yeah, big wolf for sure. Thankfully he ain't going to get any bigger. Congrats!

those are a couple whoppers!
    good work!
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

WOW!! looks like some dandies you got there! NICE JOB
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

PM me and I will give you a name and number of a trapper on POW that get quite few wolfs, I have 3 of them, and I gave another to my Son in law.

Thanks guys I don't spend much time trying to catch them but do try to find a few every year.
    Gooch, Sorry but my wife sews pretty much all the fur I get. I have started selling some of the excess but wolves are worth a lot more in the sewing.
    They were both nice sized the female was 92 or 94 I forget and the male went 103. I have caught bigger though, my biggest ever was 109 if memory serves me correctly.
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

Hey Otterman, Nice pics of wolves. All my students were out this week had a ski meet. We will try getting a reply from the students when they come back next week. They may ask some more questions once they come up with them. I had they searching through a few forums and explaining one of the many uses they have. Thanks for replying.

Hi there Otterman.
    I live down the bottom of the world from you.. the only predator we have that big is politicians and they went and made hunting them illegal.. dam it all!!! Anyway, can you please post some pics of the things your wife makes with the pelts? Do you preserve them yourself or have them done?
    I have so litle knowledge of how other inhabiants of this planet live and so little time to see everything... Thank you Al Gore for inventing the innernet and making it all possible.(tongue in cheek)

Regds
    Muzza.