Thread: Wooldridge Sport Gear Rack Addition

Default Wooldridge Sport Gear Rack Addition

I am wondering if any of you fabricators on here would be willing to give me a "WAG" quote on adding another arch and gear rack to the top of my Woolly? It would be non binding of course, I just want a general figure of what it would cost to get this done. Also, if someone is interested in the work, when can I get it in there to get done, etc.? The boat is presently under shrink wrap on Ft Rich.WOOLDRIDGE SPORT.jpg
    Thanks for any assistance.
    Mark

Does anyone have any advice on a shop to do this work, or even one of your friends who does good work?

Mark,

I have used Gary at Greatland Welding in the Valley and he did a great job and ended up being cheaper than he quoted me. I have also heard nothing but good things about Ben at Silver Streak in Anchorage. Both places have been around for a good bit and have solid reputations. I believe Silver Streak is an authorized repair shop for Wooldridge if that tells you anything.

Are you going to add one to the front so you can cary a raft and such?

Rob

I second Gary at Greatland
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Check with Ben at Silver Streak, off Dimond behind West Marine.

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

guys, thanks for the replies. I have been so busy I can't get on here much. I talked to the guys at Greatland welding and they sound "great" sorry...but I would have to drag my boat all the way to the valley to have them work on it. I had talked to Silver Streak last summer about doing it and he threw out something like $1,100. Ok, maybe I can drag my boat to the valley. I know what you are getting at about them being the Woolly dealers but for this job it would be like taking your truck to the dealer to install floor mats. If I had the equipment here at the house I could do this job myself.

Bronco, yeah that's the plan, make a luggage and dinghy rack. Do you have one on your boat? can you offer design spec ideas for me? I was thinking of adding a few light tabs so I could add a light or 2. I have rod tubes but they are in the way of me wanting to add a rear awning to mine. I want to be able to stand in the rain and fish without getting wet as he**. Any ideas?