Thread: Where to boat?

Default Where to boat?

So I'm super new to airboating, like just bought one with the engine not installed, but hey I've got time before the ice is out and it's warm enough to enjoy the ride. Anyway that's beside the point, where does one go to find out where one can and can't go in an airboat? Do some rivers have airboat restrictions, do some have no restrictions, how about a total ban on boats? Just curious. Ive been down several rivers in my inflatable canoe that most would look at and say there isn't enough water to float in and have had tons of fun, just looking for more fun hence the airboat. Thanks in advance. Sam

Hi There Sam Buck My Name Is Skip I'm Here In Fairbanks And If You Have Question Maybe I Can Help You With Them Give Me A Call 322-3291

Skip, I think you need to tell us all about some of your favorite airboat areas in and arouond Fairbanks, which I have no knowledge about.

Sam, I will tell you no airboating within Tetland NWR up by Tok, and none allowed on the Yukon Flats NWR. Airboating is allowed on the Minto flats, but you can not hunt Moose from a airboat on the Minot Flats. I am sure there are other areas with restrictions. Bud
    Wasilla

Sambuck,
    What did you buy.....details?!
    Where do you want to ride at, mainly Fairbanks area?
    BK

We bought a 15 foot panther it came with a 455 and direct drive prop, were not sire if we want to keep it set up that way though. We want to stay within a budget but there is no point in having an airboat if you can't go where you want to go. I'm not convinced this setup will perform the way we want it to? Any suggestions are welcome... As far as where we want to boat, I live in Fairbanks so around here for starters but once again what fun is an airboat if you still are competing for the same animals and river space as the other 90000 people around here, I've always been intrigued by almost all places north of here.

I Think I Now The Boat Did You Buy It And Have To Put It Togeather, As I Said If You Have Questions Our Need Help Let Me Now You Have My Number. Skip