Thread: Kenai Kings 2012

Default Kenai Kings 2012

Has anyone heard about the expected runs of Kenai Kings this year? I know that there have been reports of the Kenai Sockeyes, but have not seen anything about the Kings.

Below average is expected.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

That's disappointing after having to deal with last years return.

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    Below average is expected.
    Seems like the story for almost every drainage in the state. They need a break.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Seems like the story for almost every drainage in the state. They need a break.
    After reading everything on here I think everyone should come together on the issue, and get something rolling. Whether its a petition or just something telling the people who make the laws that the salmon need a break!

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsmen2012 View Post
    After reading everything on here I think everyone should come together on the issue, and get something rolling. Whether its a petition or just something telling the people who make the laws that the salmon need a break!
    I dont have the time to draft one but I would definitely sign one. I love fishing and there is nothing like hooking a big ol fish but at what price. I can take a break from them and catch none or only hatchery fish and be just fine.

Do you know of anybody that could draft a petition? I think it would carry a lot more weight if the comm guys and guides got on board as well. Then there is always the problem of enforcement as well.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    I dont have the time to draft one but I would definitely sign one. I love fishing and there is nothing like hooking a big ol fish but at what price. I can take a break from them and catch none or only hatchery fish and be just fine.

Do you know of anybody that could draft a petition? I think it would carry a lot more weight if the comm guys and guides got on board as well. Then there is always the problem of enforcement as well.
    Hmm I am sure that if we were to start a separate thread saying that we are going to do this I am sure someone with that kind of experience could do it.

Does anyone actually believe the state's predictions???? They're right about 50% of the time, which is exactly the same odds as flipping a coin.... there are just too many factors that determine run strength, and no man-made model can predict it any better than the rusty quarter in my left pocket.
    That being said, like everyone else I really hope we have a strong return this year
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

50%, that's about 49% more accurate than the weather man.