Thread: What's On Your Bench?

Default What's On Your Bench?

So I was looking at my workbench today, thinking "this is either a giant cluster**** or a work of art!"
    Bench is one my dad made back in Fairbanks long before I was born; it comes apart for easy transport.
    Whatta y'all got for benches, and what are you working on? I've been doing boatbuilding, auto repair, plumbing, and gunsmithing, sometimes all at once! Here's some of the things that are on my bench right now:

System Three epoxy resin
    Acetone
    Radio
    Buttstock from a Marlin 336
    Copper tubing cutter and flaring tool
    Surforms
    100' boat line
    Respirator dust masks
    Panasonic electric pencil sharpener
    T-50 stapler
    Wire brush
    Orange hand cleaner
    WD-40 (if this isn't on your bench, you're fired)
    Spring clamps
    Wood flour
    100-grit sandpaper
    Nitrile gloves
    Quart of spar varnish
    Bike lock (?)
    And most importantly, MGD!!

" the stars, the snow, and the fire. These are the books he reads most of all." ~John Haines

cdubbin, You have enough space on that bench for 6 or 8 more projects. That is a very fine looking helper that you have they are fun to have there helping.

Good question! That is a great old bench you have there!

Around here the bench is the DIY project!

The main shop bench just after assembly this week as well.

Also not exactly a true DIY project but new shelving with another 8' bench I put together last week. Unfortunately I bought Lowes out of a few shelving components and am still waiting on the shelf racks.

Hah, you can actually see your bench!

I actually started putting some tools back in the rollaway last night as I'd spent the last month plus wrenching on a few different project snowmachines. As far as what is on the bench, off the top of my head: skid from an 09 polaris dragon I plan to extend and put in my 96 skandic, Husky 181se chainsaw that I'm planning to use as a chainsaw mill, chainsaw chain grinder I got a couple months back but haven't mounted yet, drillpress, bins of drills and reamers, 7X14 lathe, arbor press, granite flat, multimeter, an RC sailplane I started building with my youngest son a few, years? ago, reloading dies, brass, cast bullets. Not to mention misc handtools and a bunch of stuff I'll be suprised to find when I dig down to it.

This was the reloading bench section of my L shaped bench shortly after I'd organized it a few years back.

Needless to say the white bench is currently invisible.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Aaaaand behind door #2:

" the stars, the snow, and the fire. These are the books he reads most of all." ~John Haines

Hey Lujon,
    Got anymore pics of that workbench your building...looks like what I've been looking at doing. Would love to see what you came up with and maybe save me some headaches. PM'ed you also.