Thread: Retriever* School

Default Retriever* School

Ok, with Brandon in question now on returning to Alaska I need to find another
    trainer for my dog. Steve McViegh gave me Holiday Inn Kennels.
    Has anyone used Them for training there dogs? Any info on them Or other trainers would be great.
    Alaskan Bowhunters Association
    President
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK 99502

Be aware that tho many dogs can be trained by somebody else and still work for their owners, some dogs are kinda picky about it. Meaning some dogs will not work as well for another person after they've been trained by somebody else.....it can happen. Do you not have the time to train your dog, or is it for some other reason?

I work a slope schedule. Also my main thing was when I got my dog is I wanted him to be trained by a pro
    wanted him to learn thing the correct way and if an issue comes up they would know how to deal with it.
    Thanks for you input...
    President
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK 99502

Did Steve mean Howl-A-Day Kennels in Wasilla? If so, their website is http://www.howladay.us/

Alaska Gray,

HI, Baron will be back by June 1st. He is looking forward to an Alaska summer of working dogs.

PCnAK

Quote Originally Posted by PCnAK View Post
    Alaska Gray,

HI, Baron will be back by June 1st. He is looking forward to an Alaska summer of working dogs.

PCnAK
    I can't wait!!!!!!!!
    President
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK 99502

Quote Originally Posted by 3CBRS View Post
    Did Steve mean Howl-A-Day Kennels in Wasilla? If so, their website is http://www.howladay.us/
    Yes that's it. Thanks.. I was going there until I spoke to baron and found out he's coming back!
    President
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK 99502

Gray, I urge you not to sell Trish short at Howl-a-day Kennels. She is a very knowledgeable and capable lady and knows retrievers will. In addition, she has run the Iditarod. About 8 years ago she force fetched my lab and did a excellent job, at the time she was working for a pro, Steve, at Greatland Kennels. My wife also had her golden with Trish for force fetch last year. She runs hunt tests and does a lot of training on her property. She is a dog person and has been involved with training retrievers most of her life. Her husband has run FT retrievers that he trains at the national level. June is a long ways off, you might be better served to talk with Trish, 841 7223. Her kennel facilities are very nice, you dog will be will taken care of. Bud
    Wasilla

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

I agree about Trish and not over Baron but I know the people she trained with down south. Needless to say we talked for more than an hour with the same take away about the good and bad they taught us. I liked her philosophy. Trish and Baron are different personalities. Baron has a lot of people train with him , I don't know is Trish gets such a crowd. ~ Linda

Not making this a baron vs Trish. They both have nice resume, I just decided to go with Baron. I had friends use Baron and they were very happy with the results on there dogs.
    President
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK 99502