Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: POST USE REPORT-March 16th Forum Ride

Default POST USE REPORT-March 16th Forum Ride

Figured we'd start a new thread for the aftermath that was Alpine Creek Lodge Forum Ride 2012.
    Had a riot meeting some folks but thought i'd post a few things i learned this weekend.

first off...bearcats are heavy and more people fall of them, get them stuck and drive them off the road than any other sled.

Claude married up...way up.

jen married down...way down.

claude is not really deaf, turns out he just ignores me alot.

Eric is hard to keep track of...but he can ride. enjoyed our epic ride eric!!

akjeff has room for maybe one more gadget on his tundra or his helmet...but may fill the spot by writing his name on it instead.

dan and tonya are fun to ride with....was a little sad to see them take off today. thanks for some great rides you two!

doug and justin are a couple great guys with huge hearts...good people if your looking for some.

rick will be buying his wife a new M8 soon....so he can have his back.

my wife rocks.

tundras are underrated....

i love my M8.

indyczar is one heck of a nice guy.

avalanche beacons and helmets don't really do you any good....unless you need one. then it's bad anyway.

Thanks everyone who showed up, great weekend, look forward to seeing some video and pics posted from others as well!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

+1 ...and thanks to Claude and Jennifer, Chrissy, Jake and Amber and all the folks that made the weekend a blast...

Here are some pics of the northern lights my daughter took friday night...its on her facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...7001416&type=1

First off a HUGE thanks to not only Claude and Jennifer but to you, Jake, as well. You and Amber are what made the week so kick ass. You two are top shelf for sure!!

And to add to the list....

No one under 250# should attempt pow carves on a Bearcat.

Bearcats are a pain in the ass to dig out.

Jeff can boondock a Tundra like no ones business..and its true, does have his name on everything!

Claude got his skis off a C130.

F-22's were attemtpiing to land on the Bearcats.

Jake was bringin sexy back with the MAD sidehillin skillz.

And we lost Erik. Twice.

Workin up some vids and pics.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Random shots....

Pics

Check back for more videos...

Video....
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Pictures!

Here are some more pictures of the trip!!

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj83/jebondy/Lodge/
    Get Lost! (and like it!) Come to Alpine Creek Lodge! http://www.alpinecreeklodge.com/

...and a grand time was had by all!

It's not that they lost me so much as they struggled to keep up. Except for Jake. For only having been riding for about a year he can make that M-8 dance. There are some high, scary, incredible places tucked away in the Clearwater's that have but two sets of tracks...his, and mine. Jake I'll ride with you anytime.

ACL was its usual great self, and we got to see friends and make new ones, and pass out on the couch but whatever, and the riding was amazing. On Sunday Doug led a group of 7 of us up the Su to the Su glacier and we got to ride more miles and miles of perfect powder on yet another bluebird day!
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

it was a good thing eric had his blaze orange coat on...thats about all you can see thru his snow dust!
    i've been riding a long time, most of it on an ol' elan..thats where you really learn how to manipulate a machine, my brother rides just like i do... but i've only really been mtn riding a year or so..never had a sled that could do it. i think learning how to handle a sled before you strap on a mtn sled makes a difference!

Would love to hook up for another ride sometime eric...we'd better start planning FR 2013 soon!!
    Master guide 212

We had an awesome trip. Can't wait to make another trip with the family. If you haven't been to this part of the state yet. They have riding for all, novice to experienced. The staff at Alpine creek is incredibly kind and generous. They made it very comfortable for my family of four. Great to meet some of the forum members in person, wonderful group of people we met over the weekend

Just a couple of pics from the Alpine lodge trip.
    P1010106.jpgP1010096.jpg

Here are a couple more. This is the Tundra sidehilling as previously mentioned with the boon docking comment. And this was before he knew he could adjust his clutching for riding at elevation. Next time watch out!

P1010107_2.jpgP1010112_2.jpg

To all my friends, new and old, THANK YOU. With a special THANK YOU to ACL, you guys are awesome! I can't think of a better group of people to spend time with. It was a great trip and one to be repeated again and again. Thanks for posting the pics, i'm working on videos now.

AKDoug; thanks for the use of the sled, worked perfect. Amanda's two stroke Bearcat towed it great, but sucked down some fuel, almost 3/4 tank or about 5 MPG. Ryan seemed very relieved to have his machine in the back of his truck. Thanks again.

Jake has the BEST gaiters known to man.

ol' guide trick jeff....been trying to keep it a secrect, right up there with the valley of the rams....
    Master guide 212

We are home !!! I could right a book about this trip Once again ACL and all their guests are first class. Justin and I finished the long weekend with 400 miles. His old beat up 14 year old Summit X survived without incident as did my Bearcat.

Bearcats are good at picking up chicks. Right Tanya

At least a Bearcat doesn't randomly decide that it want's to go backwards...then forwards again.. right Jeff Oh...and the Bearcat didn't get stuck going downhill.

Jake, Ashley and their kids are a beautiful family. Thanks for the huge heart compliment. If anyone has a huge heart it's you guys.

TWB, rescued me and the Bearcat twice... I returned the favor by picking up his girl Tanya and bringing her back up the hill since he stuck her sled

Tanya...girl you may have just arrived in this state, but you are more Alaskan than 75% of the folks here. That's the biggest compliment I can pay you.

OutaMontana and crew- Enjoy those new sleds. I enjoyed meeting all of you and hope to do it again.

Amanda has a great rack...on her Bearcat Her hubby AKJeff and the kids are awesome. Love you guys.

I have a man crush on McStud. Matt, it was a pleasure meeting you and your family.

Blue Thunder can rock a Tundra 550. Every time I looked around he was right there, even when we dropped off the hill of doom. He's the only one to witness the Bearcat reverse rooster tail.

NRick and Sharon it was a pleasure sharing time with you guys. Glad that we all made it up to the Susitna Glacier. Way to stick with it Sharon.

IndyCzar and family. Wish I could have spent more time chatting with you guys. Next time for sure.

Ryan, you are a psycho on the O'HO too bad it puked. Good luck with that new baby.

Will, what the Hell? All of that and an AR-15 strapped across your chest Loved meeting you, your wife and kids.

Steve, thanks for hanging with us to the glacier. Wish we could have rode more together. Enjoyed the conversations and I can't wait to do it again.

Erik in Ak.. Waldo...Erik the Orange.. We'll do it again, soon. You're good people.

The other Steve...the lawyer... I'm sorry I ran over your truck. Please don't sue me

Claude, Jennifer, Bob and Christie....thanks for treating us like one of the family.

If I forgot anyone I am sorry. I'm just stupid sometimes

Our home away from home

Heading out with our load from the parking lot. Justin brought in Claude's Bearcat that just got out of the shop. I towed Justin's Summit X in with my Bearcat. That's what Bearcats are good for

Justin repaying my debt to TWB by helping dig him out...

Two stuck Cats... NRick's M-8 on the left, Claude's Bearcat on the right, TWB is further to the right. If Claude says "Hey, do you want to help brake a trail down to" just say no This is my second trip with him into the depths of sugar snow Hell.

BlueThunder behind Claude, Claude, Bob, TWB, Justin, Tanya, Jake (w/Hunter).

Doug are you just padding your post count?? Lol

Thanks man. Had a blast!! Your lucky I didn't have the GoPro running when you went offloading.

Alpine Creek is our new spring break location.

Should follow school district calendar and I bet more will turn out!

AKDoug,
    I would like to get in touch with you but your PM account is full.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast