Thread: Caribou hunting up north

Default Caribou hunting up north

I belive that you guys have pretty much talked myself and friends out of our Mulchatna hunt. We are starting to research some places up north. It looks like that we might be behind the power curve now since we thought we had our minds made for going after the Mulchatna heard. If you have any outfitters that you would recommend that might be out of Fairbanks or even a little further north it would be deeply appreciated. I have heard a lot of good things about 70 north. Thanks for any help.

If you aren't dead locked on doing a fly in, check into bow hunting the dalton highway. No outfitter required for that.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Alaska Arctic Advetures, Striker Overly.

I highly recomend him. He is based out of Tok but this year they are flying the groups out of Fairbanks.

We took in about 50 Caribou from them last year. Plus Wolves & Several Grizz too.

Good luck hunting

RJ Simington

Quote Originally Posted by protaxidermy View Post
    Alaska Arctic Advetures, Striker Overly.

I highly recomend him. He is based out of Tok but this year they are flying the groups out of Fairbanks.

We took in about 50 Caribou from them last year. Plus Wolves & Several Grizz too.

Good luck hunting

RJ Simington
    I realize this is about caribou but according to their internet site they are 100% on brown bear with 50% making B&C. All thus from an area not Known for producing big bears. I am skeptical.

All of the Grizzlies I have either expidited or Am mounting are LARGE Interior Bears.

There have been a couple of average but most are Very nice bears that I have personally seen.

You might be looking at their sister company GRIZZINATOR site.

Striker mostly does the Caribou hunts.

I would hunt with either one of them.

RJ Simington

I went out with Talon Air a few years ago, We seen about 300 caribou in the 5 days we were out. Seen only two decent bulls, and shot two small bulls, also seen 5 grizzly bears. It is not a waste , i would consider talon air.

Take a caribou and a grizz,you will be glad you did in the long run
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you