Thread: Winchester Model 670 Stock help

Default Winchester Model 670 Stock help

I did a search but didn’t find anything… maybe my “Google Foo”isn’t working too well right now. LOL

Anyway, I am looking for a stock for my Winchester Model 670 .243 short action rifle. I plan on getting a new barrel put on it in 338 Federal and would like to upgrade the stock at the same time.
    I was wondering since it is an economy version of the model 70, would a short action model 70 stock work? I wouldn’t mind working on it a bit to make it work right. The only real problem is my 670 has a blind box mag and all the aftermarket stocks I see have floor plates… haven’t looked into that yet but it shouldn’t be too big an issue…
    Any thoughts, comments or help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Josh
    enjoying life in Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by akula682 View Post
    Anyway, I am looking for a stock for my Winchester Model 670 .243 short action rifle. I plan on getting a new barrel put on it in 338 Federal and would like to upgrade the stock at the same time.
    PM is sent.
    Esse quam videri

RAM line makes a stock for the 670...if you want a plastic. Richards Microfit and Boyds might make a special run...

Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you