Thread: Winchester Model 670 Stock help

Default Winchester Model 670 Stock help

I did a search but didn’t find anything… maybe my “Google Foo”isn’t working too well right now. LOL

Anyway, I am looking for a stock for my Winchester Model 670 .243 short action rifle. I plan on getting a new barrel put on it in 338 Federal and would like to upgrade the stock at the same time.
    I was wondering since it is an economy version of the model 70, would a short action model 70 stock work? I wouldn’t mind working on it a bit to make it work right. The only real problem is my 670 has a blind box mag and all the aftermarket stocks I see have floor plates… haven’t looked into that yet but it shouldn’t be too big an issue…
    Any thoughts, comments or help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by akula682 View Post
    Anyway, I am looking for a stock for my Winchester Model 670 .243 short action rifle. I plan on getting a new barrel put on it in 338 Federal and would like to upgrade the stock at the same time.
    PM is sent.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

RAM line makes a stock for the 670...if you want a plastic. Richards Microfit and Boyds might make a special run...

Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you