Thread: float kodiak

Default float kodiak

Some may have seen my salt thread. I have a friend who is originally from alaska who because of some bad medical issuse has asked me to take him back to alaska for some fishing for the last time. I have had an offer for some salt fishing from a very generious member but I was wondering what some thoughts would be about doing something like a 3 or 4 day float for some fishing as well. It would be the last week of july. I seem to remember a float that the Duke brothers showed that seemed interesting. Any info or thoughts as to timing and species would be appreciated. If you have a flying service recommendation it would help. I think that we will be trying to stay on base upon arrival but then maybe do a fly out and float out maybe to help keep cost down if possible, then try to get in a couple days of salt fishing.

Thanks again for your help and input.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

If you're thinking flying out and floating a river back to town, not really a system big enough to make that possible, the floats to town anyway. There are a few systems out near the Karluk/Uganik region that can support a mutli day float, but you'd have to fly out and back.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    If you're thinking flying out and floating a river back to town, not really a system big enough to make that possible, the floats to town anyway. There are a few systems out near the Karluk/Uganik region that can support a mutli day float, but you'd have to fly out and back.
    Yes that is what I kind of thinking. May have to revisit that idea, thanks for the input.
    Semper Fi and God Bless