Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SJ Posi-nozzle:

Default SJ Posi-nozzle:

Another optional product available for the sport jet enthusiast an insertable posi-nozzle. With this sport jet posi-nozzle will eliminate hard steering issues giving you positive reponse half lock to lock at the helm. Also eliminating increasing rpms to avoid falling off step in tight turns using a stock nozzle. Inserts are avialable from 96 (stock), 94, 92 & 89mm to fine tune the pumps performance. Did a trail test with a 175 SJ stock 3 blade slipping in hole shot removed the 96mm insert installed an 89mm eliminateing slippage.

Claude:
    IMG_2584.jpgIMG_2586.jpg

Photo of a few different inserts sizes for the SJ posi-nozzle.

Claude:Exw posi nozzle inserts 003.jpg

whats the cost of it and do they make one for the 200 merc sportjet. Thanks Chris
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    whats the cost of it and do they make one for the 200 merc sportjet. Thanks Chris
    Hi Chris,

Our Exw sport jet insertable 96mm posi-nozzle retails for $750.00 with optional (94, 92, 90 & 89mm) inserts $69.00ea. The posi-nozzle fits all sport jet 175, 200, 240 & 250 models. Nozzle zinc anode retail for $80.00 or can use the stock anode will need a slight trimming for it to fit under the nozzle.

Claude:

Claude hope this doesnt sound to stupid but how does one know which insert they should buy the 94 92 90 or 89. Also it looks like it just bolts right on is that true. Chris

No dosen't sound stupid and it will bolt right on the tailcone no mod's required. A stock diverter nozzle is 96mm on the 175 to 250 models. As for the different smaller sizes gives you a choice to fine tune the pump bring the rpms down abit by pressurizing the pump. Let's say your starting to slip out of the hole with a 96mm insert. Having a smaller insert down from a 96mm to a 92mm will eliminate pump slippage prolonging an impeller rebuild. Like I posted in the first post we experimented with a 175SJ with a stock 3 blade that was slipping in hole shot. We removed the 96mm insert replaced it with a 90mm it eliminated hole shot slippage. We will be doing other tests like mid range on step, curise and wot rpms compared to a stock diverter nozzle. Sent a nozzle with a couple of extra inserts up to Juneau AK last week just waiting for some feed back.

Claude:

How many have you sold is there another site I can go to and see how people who have got them like them.

We air frieghted 6 posi-nozzles that were already sold and and got a waiting list for 6 more once the our order with other products arrive. There was a post in jet boat photo and video gallery ( Jet Boat McGregors) on page 5 done on meanchicken.net using our SJ posi-nozzle. All I can say once you had a chance to try out the posi-nozzle you will not go back to a stock nozzle. As you may note as you do tight truns with a stock nozzle the boat needs more throttle rpms other wise boat wants to settle down falling off plane. Using a posi-nozzle giving you positive water flow doing tight turns there is no need to increase throttle rpms the boat will not fall plane. Comparison stock nozzle cutting off flow by diverter cone over inner nozzle where a posi-nozzle is a nuckle type giving you positive flow with no restriction. I can post a photo showing the difference between the two nozzle if required.

Claude:

Claude that would be great please post the photos showing the difference

Claude what is the cost to ship to Wasilla Alaska

Here's a photo of the two nozzles. Our insertable posi-nozzle on the left and stock diverter cone nozzle on the right. I believe to ship a nozzle your way expedited post will be about $30.00.

Claude:IMG_2591.jpg

Claude did you sell the one posi nozzle at the boat show our are you sending it my way . Chris

Claude does the posi-nozzle interfer with the rev bucket?

Claude did you sell the one posi nozzle at the boat show our are you sending it my way . Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Armed_alaskan View Post
    Claude does the posi-nozzle interfer with the rev bucket?
    Chris I will be sending the SJ insertable posi-nozzle your way monday. We had to cancel being in the show since we are still waiting for our SJ and other products to arrive. Going to deliver a boat to a customer and will attend the show to give me an idea what I need to do for next year. Do you need any extra inserts or just the stock 96mm size?

Armed Alaskan the posi-nozzle bolts right in place onto the tailcone it dosen't interfere with the reverse bucket.

Claude:

Hey Chris I believe I don't have your forwarding address with phone number so I can ship the SJ posi-nozzle. You can forward me that info to exactwelding@shaw.ca.

Claude:

claude sent the email just in case it didnt go through here is my address 7724 N Grouse Loop Wasilla Alaska 99654 my phone is 907-232-6351

claude sent the email just in case it didnt go through here is my address 7724 N Grouse Loop Wasilla Alaska 99654 my phone is 907-232-6351
    Chris got the SJ posi-nozzle off your way today you should receive it in 5 to 7 days.

Claude:

Chris just inquiring if you have received the posi-nozzle yet and had a chance to install it?

Claude:

Claude how you doing I did get it yesterday and I have AKgravelpumper doing the 100 hours tune up on my boat and he is also going to install the posi-nozzle. We put the payment in the mail today. As soon as Im able to get in the water we still have alot of snow and ice I will post and tell you what I think. I cant wait Im pretty excited to see how it does. Chris

We are doing fine just waiting for warmer weather also. Just to let you know AKgravelpumper will have to trim the anode. Remove abit off the tappered end and remove abit off the back to fit the stock anode. Got some anodes made up but haven't received them yet. Yep put it through the tests you will find it's very smooth steering and especially doing tight turns at cruise rpms boat won't fall off plane. I am sure your going to be impress with the nozzles performance.

Claude:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast