Thread: Competition Electronics ProChrono Digital Chronograph

Default Competition Electronics ProChrono Digital Chronograph

Well, I am up grading from my chrony that got blown over in the wind today and bent all up. I did some patch work and finished my shooting, but I have wanted the Competition Electronics ProChrono Digital Chronograph with Competition Electronics Digital USB Interface , to hook up to my laptop, so I decided to get it.

I really do like this ProChrono a lot. This is cool indeed. I did not shoot that good today but it was not my rifle or loads, it was me.

My hunting load for my LR Duplex in my 7mm-08 - 160gr HPBT, Nosler brass, Fed 210 primer, W760, OAL 2.775" 2733fps Extreme spread 5 Dev. 2

Nice big display on screen

Easy to read statistics

You can export the info straight to Exel and save your data.

It will graph the different strings.

Yes I am really going to enjoy this setup.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

got the same one. It has NEVER missed a reading. I use mine with a camera style tripod. Mine like a lithium 9 volt battery. The little shade thingys fit on quite tightly, they will not come off from muzzle blast.

matnaggewinu

I also have the same chronograph.

I bought the software with mine, but I don't take a laptop with me, I just use it to down load to my computer to save the data.

I use the tripod from my transit, no chance of it blowing over.

I bought a couple of wood dowels for spare light shield rods, just in case I hit one.

I've had the plastic cover, that is over the display, blow off. I put a dab of silicon on it and it has stayed put.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Travelers. Take it from me, you will not need those wood dowels if you hit one of those rods.

Some guys replace the rods with dowels at the start, so it doesn't do so much damge to the chrono if they do hit it.

Thanks for the tip on replacing the rods before I hit them......I didn't think about the damage to the chrono.
    "The older I get, the better I was."