Thread: Smith and Wesson .460 Performance Center Recall

Exclamation Smith and Wesson .460 Performance Center Recall

I was browsing the S&W website looking for information on available holster options for a S&W .460 Performance Center I inherited recently, while there I noticed a "Performance Center Recall" tab and clicked on it, I am glad I did as it applies to the handgun I now have, so...

I decided to post this in case some of you are unaware, as I was, regarding this recall : http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w..._757978_757978 .

After learning what I did I called S&W at the number listed and am now awaiting an email/mailing slip to return the handgun to the factory for inspection/repair. I have never had to deal with S&W on any warranty issue so I am looking forward to their response and turnaround time in this matter, and for any who are interested I will update this thread as progress is made.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

Interesting, doesn’t look like it applies to very many guns though.

“This recall applies to Performance Center Model 460 revolvers shipped by the Smith & Wesson Performance Center prior to September 18, 2006.“

I believe 2006 is the first year of 460 production and I wouldn’t think there are many Performance Center guns made in one year. 338WM you must have luck like mine, if there is a problem out there it seems to find its way to me somehow.

Anyway Smith has good service. Took 2 weeks to fix my P22 they installed the firing pin backwards, Called them the first Monday after New-Year and got it back just after mid month. They didn’t fix the sight when they had it and when I called about that they sent me 2 new sights for free by next day FedEx. Not bad service at all!

Default Excellent service from S&W

I shipped my 629 Classic back recently to get a tune up after 20+ years of hard use and shooting. They set the barrel back a turn to clean up the throat and breech erosion, installed a new yoke, and corrected the cylinder gap and slap. Took less than 2 weeks and cost nothing. I had bought the gun new but they didn't ask for any proof.

AND - unlike another manufacturer - they got the barrel back in straight. Hats off to S&W customer service! I'm sure you will be pleased with their response.

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    I was browsing the S&W website looking for information on available holster options for a S&W .460 Performance Center I inherited recently, while there I noticed a "Performance Center Recall" tab and clicked on it, I am glad I did as it applies to the handgun I now have, so...

I decided to post this in case some of you are unaware, as I was, regarding this recall : http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w..._757978_757978 .

After learning what I did I called S&W at the number listed and am now awaiting an email/mailing slip to return the handgun to the factory for inspection/repair. I have never had to deal with S&W on any warranty issue so I am looking forward to their response and turnaround time in this matter, and for any who are interested I will update this thread as progress is made.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Ok, S&W received my .460 from FedEx today, I started the clock so to speak, I expect things will go smoothly. Looking forward to the return product and for this snow to get gone, I would like to go spend some ammo in various firearms.

Albert Einstein

Well I have to say that S&W are on the ball, I just recieved the .460XVR back from them today !

Albert Einstein