Thread: long lake

Default long lake

has anyone been by long lately or fished it hows the over flow is it still deap snow

I went out there last month without my snowmobile or even a little gear sled thinking I could drive out on the lake. It looked like a grand total of two or three people had dragged a little sled out there before that, so I doubt they went far. I haven't been out since, but I plan to go out within the next couple of weeks. I think I'll set up a camp and stay a few days.

Was out at Long Lake today. Overflow was not bad. Snow was packed down by snowmachines on the way out. Fished for 4 hours - goose egg. Almost need an extension on the auger snow / ice is thick. Left and went to Keppler Bradely and caught lots of little ones. Had one that took drag out but ended up losing him. Nice day - small fish.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by FishAk123 View Post
    Was out at Long Lake today. Overflow was not bad. Snow was packed down by snowmachines on the way out. Fished for 4 hours - goose egg. Almost need an extension on the auger snow / ice is thick. Left and went to Keppler Bradely and caught lots of little ones. Had one that took drag out but ended up losing him. Nice day - small fish.
    Which Long Lake were you at?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Which Long Lake were you at?
    The one past Chickaloon on the glenn.

how deep was you what were you boss a goose egg and were do you park at kepler

When we were at Long we had a camera and fished 6 different holes. Fro depths ranging from 40 to 16 feet.

At Kepler we parked at the main park entrance and walked in.

Quote Originally Posted by FishAk123 View Post
    When we were at Long we had a camera and fished 6 different holes. Fro depths ranging from 40 to 16 feet.

At Kepler we parked at the main park entrance and walked in.
    Thanks when I fish Long im way shallower around 3 to 6 feet did you see any fish on the cam?

fishing in front of the cabin is usually good. i want to go fish the wall at the far end for suckers and try them for bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Brown View Post
    Thanks when I fish Long im way shallower around 3 to 6 feet did you see any fish on the cam?
    Didn't see any fish on the cam but did have 3 bites.

Yeah I tried that once. I was fishing Long Lake a few years ago (before they started stocking char) and had been catching a few small lakers on an airplane jig tipped w/whitefish. I caught a sucker and filleted it right away and stuck a piece of fresh sucker meat on the hook and sent it back down the hole with great expectations....after about 1/2 hour of not even a bite reeled it back in and replaced it with the old freezer burnt whitefish I was using and immediately caught a 20" lake trout. I really thought it would work better but it didn't work for me that time.

sorry man, i ment for the shrimp pot. is it sucker or whitefish that irideces?