Thread: Dumb question on my part ?

Default Dumb question on my part ?

Dumb question on my part as I can not find the proper name for the patches that you glue onto the tubes to hook the bench seats on ? I'm puttiing them on my Zodiac. Thanks in advance and please do not give me that hard of time for being an idiot
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Dumb answer on my part!
    Do you mean these: http://www.altrec.com/nrs/1in-uretha...:referralID=NA

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Dumb question on my part as I can not find the proper name for the patches that you glue onto the tubes to hook the bench seats on ? I'm puttiing them on my Zodiac. Thanks in advance and please do not give me that hard of time for being an idiot
    Bench seating (as in cut wood or synthetic plank) can be put on by various shapes and sizes of D-Rings... BUT this is not the best way nor quite the fitting application.

What you are likely looking for is a snug fitting two-part system:
    A.) The application of fabric material component (couple nice/clean ways to go here)
    B.) in the best looking and lasting aluminum channel pieces that ensure good fit once your boat has topped off air pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Richardson View Post
    Bench seating (as in cut wood or synthetic plank) can be put on by various shapes and sizes of D-Rings... BUT this is not the best way nor quite the fitting application.

What you are likely looking for is a snug fitting two-part system:
    A.) The application of fabric material component (couple nice/clean ways to go here)
    B.) in the best looking and lasting aluminum channel pieces that ensure good fit once your boat has topped off air pressure.
    This is how I make them... there are others, but you get the ideal from my pic:
    Attachment 58066

This is a finished look of seating just forward of my foam-core/glass-wrap Transom replacement:
    Attachment 58067

David your link does not work for me keeps saying Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator ?

These are the seats I have

I think these are what I need but I do not know what to call them

And this is the boat

PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Thumbs up

Tried to attach using Icons... Seems they do not take this way yet only show up on my preview to be invalid on entry.

Here are basics/makings of my first two steps of workmanship:

This is for a Hypalon Achillies that was completely custom with seating, foam-core/glass-wrap Transom fitting, D-rings, Tow-rings, and 2-part Mil-spec. Armor-coating on bottom up to side-strakes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

Here are next phases of installation:

Smile

Final look after everything is trimmed out, fully installed, topped-off, and seaworthy. Also gives a simple, no-tools, sturdy, functional, an clean overall look to an older boat fitted with a custom new synthetic transom.

On your PVC Zodiac... another option is the 'very components' you have in pictures. This will work just fine for lighter weight individuals, yet may also require more careful packaging when toting around. This lighter-duty system shown in your photos works well with lighter-duty PVC boats and is the good economy-wise way to go investment-wise

Default Alaska Series Bench seat mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Alaska Series Inflatable Boats Seat Mount Side profile.jpgAlaska Series Inflatable Boats Seat mount top.jpg

Roger,

I've attached a couple pictures of how I build the bench seat mounts for my Alaska Series Inflatable Sport boats and Tenders.
    It's an easy system built from boat fabric and Grommets. I've been using this bench seat attachment system for about 17 years, itís pretty bomber and totally trouble free. I think it more secure than any other bench seat to tube attachment I've seen.
    I hope this helps

Jim King
    Alaska Series Inflatable Boats,
    The Toughest Bottoms in the Business,
    River Rafts, Catarafts, Inflatable Kayaks,
    Inflatable Canoes, Inflatable Sport Boats,
    Inflatable Jet Boats, Tenders and Dinghies.

WWW.alaskaseries.com (907)248-2900