Thread: Sportjet 175 Impeller Options

Default Sportjet 175 Impeller Options

I'm in SE Alaska. Have a '98 18' MotionMarine boat with the 175 sportjet. Since I bought it I've been unimpressed with the holeshot and the load hauling abilities. I've put a new stock impeller and wear ring in. They helped but not enough. I'm looking at trying it again and am looking for advice. Do I go with a new High Skew impeller, a new High Skew Impeller and matched wear ring, or do I send in my old impeller and wear ring and have them rebuilt and matched? The boat weighs in at about 2200 pounds so it is a little heavy...if that makes a difference.

We have a 3 blade Hi-skew option especially built for the 175 SJ that give way better performance out of the pump. You will not lose top end rpms and will give a better holeshot with lower planing rpms below 3800. If your wear ring is in good shape no need to change it out just install the impeller our impellers are abit oversized.

Claude:

Sent you a message Claude...

Quote Originally Posted by macncoke View Post
    I'm in SE Alaska. Have a '98 18' MotionMarine boat with the 175 sportjet. Since I bought it I've been unimpressed with the holeshot and the load hauling abilities. I've put a new stock impeller and wear ring in. They helped but not enough. I'm looking at trying it again and am looking for advice. Do I go with a new High Skew impeller, a new High Skew Impeller and matched wear ring, or do I send in my old impeller and wear ring and have them rebuilt and matched? The boat weighs in at about 2200 pounds so it is a little heavy...if that makes a difference.
    Call Garret at Alaska Frontier Fabrication 841-7015, If you have your old liner and impeller I'd suggest having a SS liner installed and rebuilding the impeller to match. If you don't get the performance your looking for then get the new Merc High Skew or Exactos with and use it with the SS liner.