Thread: Latest "Handloader" mag

Default Latest "Handloader" mag

Anybody read the bit on loading the 45 colt in the Redhawk?
    WOW........those are some smoking 45 colt loads.......27gr H-110........325gr cast.......
    I'm going to try some of the Power Pro 300-MP loads.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

That must be for a five-shot cylinder? That load is more than max for casull with a 325 gr cast from Hodgdon data!
    I think that would be too much recoil for me, plus I don't have a five-shot 45.

Wow me and one of my buds have worked up to 24grs of H110 w/ 335gr cast Gas-checked boolit and they aren't comfortable to whang away with. 27 grains sounds a bit spooky.

I've been interested in Power Pro 300MP too for .45 Colt, but the last article I saw didn't have any .45 Colt data. Definitely be looking for this issue to make it's way down here.
    Now what ?

I'll pass, thats got to be over 60.000psi in the short case.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I picked up 3 1# cans of Power Pro; I'll have to work up some loads. I tried some a year or so ago and didn't see much difference between it and H110, Lil'gun etc.

Check out these .45 loads by John Linebaugh: http://www.handloads.com/articles/default.asp?id=12 Note he even shoots the heavy ones in his S&W!

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    Wow me and one of my buds have worked up to 24grs of H110 w/ 335gr cast Gas-checked boolit and they aren't comfortable to whang away with. 27 grains sounds a bit spooky.

I've been interested in Power Pro 300MP too for .45 Colt, but the last article I saw didn't have any .45 Colt data. Definitely be looking for this issue to make it's way down here.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    I'll pass, thats got to be over 60.000psi in the short case.
    I ordered the back issues mention in the article.

The 27 gr H-110 load is listed at 50,000psi .

Way too warm for me, I'd just use my casull.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

The redhawk is a very strong gun, and those loads have been tested.

That said, the redhawk grip is IMHO painful with 300 gr 1200-1300 fps loads, and I just can't see brutalizing the web of my hand with those loads out of redhawk. The super redhawk 454 isn't much better in that regard, fast 45 loads simply sting more then jumping up in bullet dia and weight to gain terminal performance.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    I picked up 3 1# cans of Power Pro; I'll have to work up some loads. I tried some a year or so ago and didn't see much difference between it and H110, Lil'gun etc.

Check out these .45 loads by John Linebaugh: http://www.handloads.com/articles/default.asp?id=12 Note he even shoots the heavy ones in his S&W!

Thanks. I actually have a printed copy of that and other Linebaugh articles in a dedicated .45 Colt binder I put together.
    Now what ?