Thread: Best Kayak fishing technique for Kings?

Default Best Kayak fishing technique for Kings?

I just bought a Hobie outback kayak with a color fish finder on it. I am eager to get out there are try to catch some kings here in Seward. I was wondering if any of you kayak fishermen have caught kings from the kayak and what technique is best for that...Mooching, jigging, trolling?

I'm excited to hear as well, although I do not have a kayak, just a small zodiak. I seem to do well with silvers around cains and calysto every year but Id love to figure out how to catch kings in the bay!

There was a guy on here last winter/spring that posted a couple video of him catching Kings in his Yak on in Cook Inlet. It was probably more liek mar/Apr because I had orders in had to report to Kodiak in Mar, and that's whenI started looking hard. He seemed to pretty much mooch everything, caught flatties and kings. I've got mine setup, just waiting for a break in the weather to give it a shot here.

Well I am sure I will figure it out for myself very soon. I will have the boat ready in May - Just in time for me to be fishing every day on my charterboat.... But I hope to get out a bit this summer in the evenings and then hard core in the fall. I am going to try it on the rivers and lakes too. it has a color GPS / Fish finder on it, so it should be like a charter boat only smaller and slower....

No sense on not trying it out right now if someone would just bust a little of that ice outta your way From what I have heard your supposed to be able to troll right out of the harbor and catch them but I've tried an awful lot of trolling around there with different lures,depths,speeds etc and never had luck. If you have any let me know. I love seward!