Thread: JBER Access

Default JBER Access

For those that drew a archery or muzzleloader tag on Ft Rich or Elmendorf (JBER), the access procedures have changed. In the past you had to register in USARTRAK for access then call in. As of 1 April it is changing.

JBER's current recreational access system, USARTRAK, will be replaced with I-Sportsman effective 1 April 2012. This new recreational access system consolidates user requirements for the Joint Base. Recreational users can access I-Sportsman, register and print a permit from their residence or go to either the Boniface Gate Visitor Center or the Arctic Valley Visitor
    Center and use the self-help kiosk. You are also able to sign in and out via cell phone with a web browser. This permit is currently free to all individuals eligible to recreate on JBER. Having an I-Sportsman's recreational permit is a pre-condition for recreating on JBER. Recreational permit violations may result in the loss of recreational access privileges
    on JBER. To obtain a permit, visit www.jber.isportsman.net or call 855-703-9176 to register.

Thanks for the update Bill!

Beware that if you are going to take a firearm on base for small-game hunting or just as a backup for bowhunting/hiking, I believe you will still need to go in person to register any/all firearms you might want to carry. I could be wrong, but make sure you look specifically into that aspect of it. Plan ahead.

You absolutely must register the firearm and have the firearms card in your possession. Each firearm you wish to take on base requires seperate entries on the card. Firearms are authorized only on the Ft Rich side, I don't believe the Elmendorf side lets you take them in.