Thread: Ally Pack Canoe Spontoons ???

Smile Ally Pack Canoe Spontoons ???

I Have An Ally Pack Canoe And Was Interested In Getting Some Spontoons. Has Anyone Heard Or Seen Them. They Are About $320 And I Wanted To Get An Opinion Before Making The Purchase.

Anyone??

Been waiting over five years for a reply...

I check this thread every day, and zilch.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Hello, I've never used the spontoons....I did a paddle ten years ago (with my 72yr. old father) of the Noatak at flood. We used a 16.5 Ally and the canyon was class III....The canoe performed flawlessly...I would not want to get sideways against a boulder in one, but I never felt unstable in that canoe....

Thanks for the input man. We have done the Kugururok and Kelly, both lower Noatak tribs below the canyon. I was just joking around above, replying to my own thread from 5 years earlier. We bought the spontoons 5 years ago and used them on a few remote float trips and they worked very well. The Ally canoes ain't no joke man. Love mine and can't wait for another excuse to load her onto an Alaska Air flight.

-Dan

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.