Thread: Annual Easter Egg hunt and picnic on the Knik

Default Annual Easter Egg hunt and picnic on the Knik

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ghlight=easter

I recalled talk of this last year after it happened and wanted to bring up the subject prior to Easter this year. Is that a gathering put on by Alaska Airboat for their customers and are all airboaters invited. Sounds like fun and a good way to get the season off. Easter is April 8 this year. Could anybody who has gone to this event, post up information on it. I don't want to butt in if it is a private hunt. Don't hesitate to post here what people need to bring to make a party out of it. Bud
    Wasilla

I'd like to hear more......would be fun running with a bunch of other boats if it's open to join in!
    Thanks for bringing this up Bud.
    Hopefully your ride will be ready to go by then.

BK

The biggest question for this year is if there will be people who want to run ice. I don't expect much open water by then this early with all the ice there. I like the little bit of ice running I have done, just more bumpy then water. Bud
    Wasilla

Good point Bud, that would be new to me.
    Most likely I would be at work with my schedule right now.
    It would be fun to get a group of us airboaters together and take a run up to the glacier. Still haven't made it up there yet.
    BK

i want some help getting into airboating. is there a affordable entry level way to get into it?
    Semper Fi!

You could make friends with someone with an airboat by helping them work on the boat, can you weld, fix electrical problems. What can you do? How about hunting do you how or where to hunt?

What does this have to do with a affordable entry level way to get into airboating, everything learning how to avoid the mistakes of other will save you thousands.

If you can't help with working on a boat I'm sure you have made lots of friends on the forum and they would be happy to take out and show you the rope, all you need is just asked.

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    i want some help getting into airboating. is there a affordable entry level way to get into it?
    Greythorn, you live right on the river. Run up and down it and look for a abandoned sunk boat and it is yours, least thats the way it ususally works I think......Actuallyl if you keep your eye on Craigs List and look used you sometimes can find a good one, some not so good. Post what you are finding and get some opinions on it. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    Greythorn, you live right on the river. Run up and down it and look for a abandoned sunk boat and it is yours, least thats the way it ususally works I think......Actuallyl if you keep your eye on Craigs List and look used you sometimes can find a good one, some not so good. Post what you are finding and get some opinions on it. Bud

what size engine with prop would i need on a 14ft johnboat to get up to the glacier from old glenn bridge?
    Semper Fi!

The problem with converting a jon boat is that they are narrow with runners going length wise. Airboats need to slide in order to perform correctly, the runners keep them from sliding. Whats affordable for you, can you swing $5k for a boat. Keep a eye out for a used hull thats not too beat up. Somebody in Fbk had a old panther pretty cheap a couple months ago. If you can afford more, Bkmail has a 15 ft that is in good shape for about 12 I think. If you just want to get to the glacier you can do that with a 40 hp jet on that jon if the water isn't too low. Put a add on CL saying WTB low price airboat and see what turns up, might get lucky. If you are serious, go to southernariboat.com and ask them for help. They are mostly in Florida, but very helpful and will even help you if nice when asking. Bud
    Wasilla

i would like a airboat, but a jet on a john would work too. wanna fish the knik also. and tailrace area. and explore the waterways.
    Semper Fi!