Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Louise, Susitna and Mat-Su Property Owners

Default Lake Louise, Susitna and Mat-Su Property Owners

http://www.matsugov.us/myproperty/

Take your blood pressure medicine. Then look at your new 2012 appraisals. Be sure to click on Building Information. So many things wrong with this picture.

Blood pressure rate is fine here.

Mine went up less than 1 percent. I'm glad they didn't nick me worse than that, though they were overcharging last year....

Property should never be appraised at more than a buyer in a free market would show up with in a reasonable amount of time (90 days?), but indeed they do appraise it at more than that, in my experience.

Holy Smokes! Are property taxes going to go up? I used to wish my property was closer to Susitna Lake, but now, I'm kind of happy that I'm way outside of the borough boundary out in the boonies!

HAHA, 5 minutes down the road... No taxes..ha

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

I pity the poor people who pay property taxes.
    “There's a humorous side to every situation. The challenge is to find it.”
    George Carlin

The fact that the lakes are even in the Borough boundries is BS....But what do ya do?
    Just think about all of the services that the Borough provides the property owners up there...Your tax dollars at work!
    I am being sarcastic...this doesn't surprise me one bit. The Borough probobaly used up all of their snow removal budget earlier this winter and have been racking their brains to try and come up with some money to cover the short fall. WHALA...problem solved... increase taxes on rec. property owners with little to no cost to the Borough it's a win win for them...

They obviously made a sweep and brought the outlying areas up to what they think they should be valued at. I don't necessarily agree with it because I hate property taxes, but it is a fact that many cabin owners have been way under assessed for years. It's not right that they make it all up in one year, though.

I did a quick search the other night looking at various properties of family and friend's property in the Valley. The ones in the core area actually went down in some cases. My business actually went down .05%, but I made that up in property tax on my inventory. My house went up 5% and that's fair since I am under assessed compared to my recent appraisal and I added a nice covered patio last summer.

The inequity comes in the fact that it appears that core area houses are assessed at almost their market values and many road system rural area houses are assessed far below what they are selling for.

Everybody I know is against a sales tax. I'd vote for one tomorrow if it guaranteed a property tax disapeared forever. That way some of the tax burden is passed on to all the tourists and other visitors to the Valley. It also gets the low lifes and criminals that suck our system dry and rarely pay much property tax at all.

They tried this about 5 years ago. They raised the property tax a huge amount back then. Everyone who raised a stink and filed a challenge were generally reduced to a very small increase. Everyone else paid the higher amount and the Borough ended up with a net gain. I encourage EVERYONE to file a challenge. Overload the system and make your point.

One property went up from $39K to $68K in one year. This property just went through a realtor and it was appraised at $44K. They are showing cabins 100% complete that are still in Tyvek with visqueen walls inside. No plumbing or electrical.

As Doug said file a appeal. The date listed as a deadline for the appeal is 3-30-12 . Just look at the white assessment notice and it will tell you what you need to do . If you do not appeal it you are out of luck to get it reduced. Many cases you can get it reduced. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    One property went up from $39K to $68K in one year. This property just went through a realtor and it was appraised at $44K. They are showing cabins 100% complete that are still in Tyvek with visqueen walls inside. No plumbing or electrical.

The cabin is being used. As far as taxes it is complete. The taxes jumped because this year they included the building. You are making it sound like they double your taxes for no reason. Be thankful it took so long to add the cabin while only taxing just the land. If you were to sell right now you would want over $100k. The cost of plowing the roads and the free trash pick up. You just haul it to the dumpster.................... JUST SAYIN

Quote Originally Posted by FishKing View Post
    The cabin is being used. As far as taxes it is complete. The taxes jumped because this year they included the building. You are making it sound like they double your taxes for no reason. Be thankful it took so long to add the cabin while only taxing just the land. If you were to sell right now you would want over $100k. The cost of plowing the roads and the free trash pick up. You just haul it to the dumpster.................... JUST SAYIN
    You don't know what you are talking about. I am not talking about my place. One cabin was appraised for $16k the last 2 years. No additional work was performed in the last 2 years. It has actually incurred damage. This year they raised the building to $41K and the land $4700. $25K more in one year is outlandish.

AK DOT plows the roads.
    The borough does haul trash. For $600+ a year, I would haul my own trash.
    The Matthews Safety building was a grant.

I advised the owner to appeal based on a November Court appraisal for $44K.

It appears that the borough is wanting to use recreational property as a cash cow.

If I were to get an offer of $100K for my place.... it would be sold. Wanna buy it?

You don't know what you are talking about. I am not talking about my place. One cabin was appraised for $16k the last 2 years. No additional work was performed in the last 2 years. It has actually incurred damage. This year they raised the building to $41K and the land $4700. $25K more in one year is outlandish.

AK DOT plows the roads.
    The borough does haul trash. For $600+ a year, I would haul my own trash.
    The Matthews Safety building was a grant.

I advised the owner to appeal based on a November Court appraisal for $44K.

It appears that the borough is wanting to use recreational property as a cash cow.

If I were to get an offer of $100K for my place.... it would be sold. Wanna buy it?
    I know your name, I know how to use the Mat-su Borough web site, my property. Should I post it since it is public knowledge?

in 2010 and 2011 they did not include your cabin and this year they did.

I want to thank you for paying your taxes so the borough could give my subdivision a grant to pave the streets and keep the snow removed............

I know your name, I know how to use the Mat-su Borough web site, my property. Should I post it since it is public knowledge?

I want to thank you for paying your taxes so the borough could give my subdivision a grant to pave the streets and keep the snow removed............
    WOW!!! Can you say *****hole?? Or would ***** be more fitting??

If you looked it up. Then you would know that I am not talking about my property. My lot is worth more, my cabin is newer and larger. Why would the cabin that I am talking about be valued at $18,700 more than mine?

Post my info and I won't rescue you when you get lost looking for Tyone again.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Taker View Post
    And I have had to put up with him since 1986.

And I have had to put up with him since 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Taker View Post
    I received a Flame rule violation for almost the exact same commit. LOL JUST SAYIN

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Can't ya just feel the love in here???

If you looked it up. Then you would know that I am not talking about my property. My lot is worth more, my cabin is newer and larger. Why would the cabin that I am talking about be valued at $18,700 more than mine?

Post my info and I won't rescue you when you get lost looking for Tyone again.
    Who's Cabin are you talking about? I am confused!

Who's Cabin are you talking about? I am confused!
    Obviously. Your GPS is wrong guaranteed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast