Thread: whats on the menus???

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default whats on the menus???

i am going half insane..with all this talk.. its time for action...

started shoping for supplies.. figure will need close to 1500 lbs of food this year.. lining up work forces, and equipement.

might be in a cervical collar. BUT DANG IT I AM GOING!

anyone finding any good deals on bait stuffs?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Well I for one found out that popcorn works best. Its light weight, easy to use and you get more bang for your buck. You can buy a 50# bag from Sams for $11. From that bag you can pop enough to fill a 55 gallon drum 4 times. So if you do the math, 1 bag of dog food costs like $12 and it fills up a drum half way. Last year on my stand, the bears ate the popcorn and moved the dog food out of the way. Use kool-aide and peeps ( peeps after easter are cheap ) and you will be surprised how easy it is to get it done.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

if it was spring '13 i'd give this guy an offer
    http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/9_Gen...ear_Bait_.html
    for grizzly baiting
    Other than that time to start getting the popcorn popping going and hit up Target after easter for cheap candies.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

was dog food shopping yesterday, cheapest i found was ~$20.00 a bag. found some Alfalfa pellets figured they would be a good green starter bait once soaked. smells lkke fresh sweet grass..10.00 a bag at walmart.. good spot on them chickens LJ..a 5 gallon bucket with a few in it make a great sent call..not sure what to do with 650#

i am going grain this year,, barley in bulk only way our group will kepp up with 6 stands..250-300 for a ton.. mix in some of them alfalfa pellts and water/oil to ferment..

i found Anise already for scents am set for that

hoping to get some time this week to scout new spots
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fred Meyer has FMV (for maximum value) dog food it is by far the cheapest I have foundaround $14 for 50 lbs. The draw back to that dog food is the bag tears easily.

Well last years I started with popcorn worked great but man the brown bears hit our barrels the 1st week and went through popcorn pretty quick. Then the blackies were coming all the time cleaning the barrels out my buddy ran his own with dog food and it was never hit. So I then switched to dog food after I got tired of popiing popcorn, I was using 40lbs of fred myer stuff and getting 20lbs of purina mixing it the bears seemed to like that combo. Towards the end I went with a oat mollases horse feed from 3 bears at 15 bucks for 50lbs the bears loved it. This year I'm not going to run a bait station... because our area is absolute hell to get into...

Last year or the year before there was a lot of talk on here about homemade scented candles. I know I made a few. Anyone making any of those? If you've used them how did they work? Any other ideas for something new this year?
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Beaver carcasses on cl if anyone is looking...
    http://fairbanks.craigslist.org/for/2908271325.html
    and frying oil in Kenai
    http://kenai.craigslist.org/zip/2906744261.html

Mayflower buffet has / had.. not sure whats left.. a few hundred gallons of fryer oil today.. told us to take all we want.. my buddy got some.. i did not since my truck was on way to get detailed and labled.

i picked up a 55 gallon drum last weekend.. and have another waiting for me... so dont need anymore.

seen Oats in north pole.. 15Cent a Lb.. hell of a lot cheaper then dog food when soaked in oil.. he had bulk.. works out to

meet on face book here

marshmallows after Easter Target
    oats and molasses Alaska mill and feed
    fryer oil from a few places
    popcorn from sam's
    and 907 scent balls
    maybe twinkies if I play my cards right
    wish i could get anise in 5 gallon buckets