Thread: Selling Fur - Southeast

Default Selling Fur - Southeast

I did a search but need a bit of advice. The Squirrel and I attempted trapping for a bit this winter and ended up with a couple dozen mink and marten. Where should we sell them? Should we box them up and ship them somewhere? Meet someone? I just don't want to ship them out and have someone tell me they're worth 10 bucks or something unless thats what they are actually worth. We ran 12 traps total, so it was pretty productive for our learning curve we thought. All the hides were stretched and pinned with guidance from an old local trapper and the skinning was done by a taxidermist so I think they are right.

We also crushed some beaver but we will be keeping them for ourselves, maybe hooping them for decorations. Got a couple grand daddys and some medium/smaller ones but left enough seed for next year when we get serious. I gotta say the beavers were the most fun to trap, after we dialed in our sets it was awesome.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

ship them to NAFA.
    hands down you get the most money, and if your guy who skinned them is worth his salt you'll get alot of money for um. how ever, I think nafa doesn't like hte feet on or the lower lip on, send them an email if possible and ask
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Perfect! thank you sir.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

second that for NAFA Abby Green Sheppard in Wasilla...is a NAFA dealer ..376-5873 strong marten prices this year..my few were just over $100 a piece in the first auction.

Or send them to Moyles and have them tanned and sell out of the Lodge. Usually better prices that way (but you sit on them, and have to pay for tanning).
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Last receiving day for NAFA is April 2. Usually will get a bit of a grace period but times a wasting. Sending to Abbey Greenes will save some shipping costs.