Thread: Where to get Concealed cary permit course?

Default Where to get Concealed cary permit course?

I know the first thing someone will say is that Alaska does not need a permit. I know that so that takes care of that.
    I travel a lot and I am looking to get a CCW permit so I can cary in other states (I know not every state accepts alaska ccw's but enough do to justify it.)
    I have spent all morning looking online and making phone calls and have come up empty. Is there anyone that is offering these classes or is there an online version of it that anyone knows of.
    Thanks for any help. I am looking to do this soon as I will be traveling again in two months.

You can call Joe Nava 479-2340 here in Fairbanks and he can probably get you hooked up with someone in your area. He's been an NRA instructor longer than NRA's been around I think Former Alaska Fish and Game, shooter, Eddie Eagle and all around nice guy and local expert.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Steve @ Alaska Tactical in Anchorage.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    Ditto.. Great class..

There used to be a couple of folks teaching it in Soldotna. Rod Christopher (peninsula weapons academy) Officer Quelland (Soldotna police) and R&S Protection Service in Kenai. I took the class with Rod back in the day and My Dad used R&S. I believe Rod retired and moved south, I think R&S is still around.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

Joe Nava is teaching the course EVERY weekend for the extended future.....

Just adding to Synd...

Chris

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

MVS in Palmer does the course fm time to time.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    Concur! If you have the time/money his defensive handgun course is well worth the time. He may be able to combine the Defensive Handgun course with a CCW course and save you some money.

I finally got Steves at alaska tacticals web page to work. For some reason it was down for a few days at least for me. I tried to call but so far no answer. He does offer the course and I also found that nobody does them here on the pen anymore. Now it looks like my wife and I will be heading to Anchorage in april to do the course.
    Thanks everybody for the replys.
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get the lic back from the state once the aplication is turned in

AK Tactical completes all of the paperwork and fingerprinting. You still have to submit all the paperwork to the State. It's been a couple of years since I did mine, but it seems that it took 8 to 10 weeks to get after submitting at the State Trooper Office. The problem was that they only had one lady that reviewed the paperwork and made sure it was complete, and she only did the review and submission once a week. If there is any i not dotted or t not crossed, she will probably kick back the paperwork and that will add another week to the process. Once submitted and locally approved, a federal background is run thru the FBI, which takes time, and then the state approves the permit. If you are in a hurry, you're goona be disappointed- 8-10 weeks is probably how long it will be before you get your permit, maybe longer.
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~

Maybe my wife and I were fortunate but our permits both arrived in a few weeks--definitely less than a week. We submitted the paperwork in person at the office in Anchorage.